Crapola!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ams511:
Moti2vation's point was he upsells the client so he gets more profit out of the advertising expense then he would otherwise have. So it makes sense for him,

Mo2vation's point was that he violates the rules a number of ways and thinks we're fools for playing fair. If he wants to move an item in 3 days, then he should select the 3-day auction option.

I don't know why he decided to come after me - I asked a simple and innocent question about why a seller would end listings early, and I got a long and condescending lecture on Ebay, what it is and isn't all about, unsolicited advice on what all I'm doing wrong, unnecessary boasts about what all he is doing right, and a juvenile taunt about how he would crush me if we ever went head to head. I shoulda let it go, and I'm still willing to call it all a misunderstanding and move on, but if he really wants to go head to head then let's rock on.

In the back and forth I can't believe all the things to which he proudly admitted to, especially since he sells scuba items. He flat out said one of the reasons he ends auctions early is to pay reduced fees, if any.

"Outside-of-eBay Offer - Offering the opportunity through eBay to purchase the item or other merchandise outside-of-eBay. The eBay item page may not refer to or promote the seller's individual Web site (including home page URLs which directly or indirectly promote an outside-of-eBay website), sales outside of eBay, or other businesses."
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-circumventing.html

He also bragged of a dozen accounts, both Ebay and Paypal prohibit more than one seller account per person. That's why he most definitely won't be telling us the ids any of those other accounts.

Then there's the shill bidding and feedback manipulation, neither of which he admitted to but are the primary reasons behind the account limitation. Could you ever bid on one of his auctions knowing it may be pulled out from under you at any second, wondering if you were really outbid or maybe it was him using one of his dozen accounts to prevent you from getting an item too cheap? Not me.

ams511:
Again look at auctions from this Dive4Clams guy, they most often end early.

I doubt it's him. Of the first page of Completed auctions (15 items) only one was ended early and it says the reason was listing error. One ended because the Reserve was not met and Mo2 hates Reserve. And to be frank, these auctions look too well done, make use of too many extra (effective) services like Listing Designer and Gallery Preview.

Plus dive4clams lists seller location as New England and I believe Mo2 is in southern California. But hey, maybe he has locations around the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom