cracked screen protector on Suunto Zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sw1tchbl4de

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi ScubaBoard! I cracked the screen on my Suunto Zoop and am assuming it won't be covered by the warranty. Is it dumb to try to replace it myself? Should I just send it to Suunto to have it serviced?

Thanks for the help!

Switchblade

Did you crack the screen or the screen protector? If it's the protector then do it yourself or let your local dive shop do it. Either way it will take more time to ring up the purchase than replace the screen protector.

From the title I will assume screen protector. If so as long as it is one piece I would not worry about it. When it is in two pieces replace it. Replacing it is easy.

If you cracked the actual screen - forget it yer screwed eventually it will fail and the computer will flood.

It's a screen protector. If you feel competent to replace (or discard) it yourself, then go ahead.

If not, then send it to someone who feels they are. Like all things in life, Fix it if you think you can, otherwise seek professional help.

What is the worst thing that can happen?

Great, thanks so much for responding everyone. It is the screen protector. It's not in two pieces, but last few dives I got some condensation in it which clouded my view so it's annoying. I'll look for a place to buy it online and replace it myself. Yay for easy!

Hi ScubaBoard! I cracked the screen on my Suunto Zoop and am assuming it won't be covered by the warranty. Is it dumb to try to replace it myself? Should I just send it to Suunto to have it serviced?

Thanks for the help!

Switchblade

Well... I wouldn't claim it warranty. That screen protector did it's job. The protector is broken, and not the screen. That's what it's for. They're intended to absorb all of the damage that would otherwise harm your computer and they're intended to be replaced from time to time.

It's a $2 piece of plastic. Any shop who services these computers can supply the replacement part.

To replace it, just pry out the old one and warm up the new one in a cup of warm water to make a bit flexible and snap it in. If you smile nice, they'll probably even do it at the shop for no charge.

R..

Ooef.... You're right. IIRC I pay €2 for them because I give lessons at the shop but I see they sell them online for €10.

Proprietary parts means you pay too much. This much is clear.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom