Crabbing season?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, the season starts tomorrow. I'll miss opening day, as I've volunteered to help out someone who just purchased his first drysuit.

A good method for crabbing is what my buddy and I used to call "crab herding". You work as a team ... find one that looks like a keeper, spread your arms out and "herd" it toward your buddy. The crab will run backwards, facing you ... if your buddy positions himself correctly, the crab will run right into his waiting hand. We used to take turns being the herder and the catcher, and we'd both limit in a short time (saves a lot of chasing too ... but sometimes the thrill of the chase is half the fun).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am wondering if viz anywhere is going to be decent enough to see any crab!
K

Turns out my plans for this morning got changed ... Kayak Point, here I come! Not worried about vis ... best I've ever seen at Kayak Pt. is about 6 feet.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Can you (should you) eat shellfish from this side of the “sound”, anywhere from Tacoma to Everett? I would think Mukilteo with the old oil dock (or whatever that is just to the North) would produce some risky shellfish.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm risky shellfish.

No, they're good just tricky to catch.

WHEW-WE! Dang-ol' man, them's li'l critters get nice an' greased up good, they slicker then 'ma gettin' outa jury duty!
Now whachagatta do is, get yerself some vasaline, and jus go ahead and coat up yer gloves nice an thick now. 'cause we all know water and oil don't mix, so this here a makes you're hand nice an sticky when grabbin for 'em crabs. Then, just go ahead and slap one on the back and they'll stick right to ya!

The sea has blessed us with her bounty.

Awesome crabbing!

Ya! While you all were getting crabs at Mulkiteo, Tim and I were trying at Hood Canal...Got basically skunked....Oh wells, the next dive at Sund Rock was pleasurable, vis was good and we had a great dive.
I still want some crab!!!
K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom