Crabbing and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done two dives for crabbing. HERE and HERE are the links to the dive reports. Scuba diving for crab is hysterical!

Both of my trips were to the Mukilteo oil dock, where there are crabs upon crabs, although the majority of them, of course, are female and/or undersized. But we still limited on crabs there both times, early in the season.

Lynne- is it just me, or are both of those linking to the same report?

I thought the same thing about the catch card and license but one of my good friends is a Fish and Wildlife Officer and she said you must have them on you. She also said that you have to measure them when you catch them. You can't wait to measure them at the surface.

We have thought of just throwing a crab pot out from the dock and filling it up with crab and then pulling it once we have dumped all our gear. Or have someone pull it up after you give the rope a few tugs. I think it would be great to pull a full pot of keepers while the people around you are just getting females.

You really should do it this summer. Langley is a good spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom