Crab cooking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
I actually thought about PMing you to get your vote:

What'll it be:

Sharp Stick or Boiling Pot?

Well looks like we have one more for you to choose from:

Hypothermia.

And just hope that karma bypasses you...! :wink:

(But they are tasty!)

For dungenuss crab you take a knife and shove it in between the mandables by the base then thrust and smash so that you hit the brain then you remove the genatalia(the part that is pointy on the underside for males)rip that off insert knife then lift knife up carapace comes off wash body off remove gills and then pull the parts togather so break them inhalf.

gotta use beer to steam them and kosher salt is much better to use.

Cave Diver:
My experience has been that freezing them doesnt kill them, it just puts them into a state of hibernation. I still remember my mom running screaming from the kitchen when all the crabs she took out of the freezer and put in the sink 'came to life' and started climbing out after they thawed some...

And they had been in there for closer to 2 days, not a half hour.
LMAO!!! Hoo-Boy, I gotta try that with the wife! Ill put em in the freezer when she aint lookin.

"Hey Honey, these crabs have been in the freezer for almost 3 days now. Ya gotta cook em up before they get freezer burned. Put em in the sink and rinse them off before cooking"!! LOL, Hoo-Boy. I just love humor at her expense.....

Back
Top Bottom