CR: Playa del Coco & Playa Hermosa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valwood1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know that these two spots are next to each other but have a few questions:

1. Can you walk between them? Is the walk difficult (like, over mountains) or easy?

2. Is it a lot of bother to stay in one, and use a dive op that's in another?

3. I've been to Playa del Coco. Is Playa Hermosa comparable in terms of restaurants, etc?

I'm trying to pick between them, or determine that it's not necessary to make that decision. Any help or info is appreciated.

Bill

Hi Bill,
of course you can walk from Playas del Coco to Playa Hermosa, it will take you around 2 hours to make it over the hill :shakehead: - but not really fun. Better take a cab at $10.
It is for sure less hassle if you stay where you dive.
I would suggest: Choose your dive op and ask them for a package deal with a close by place to stay.
Playa Hermosa is quiet different. Restaurants you find a lot as well, but Hermosa is not really a town like Coco is. Everything is more stretched out and not so concentrated as Coco is.

See you, Olli

www.deepblue-diving.com

Playa Hermosa has a slightly nicer beach than Coco, but Coco has a bit better nightlife if that's of any interest. There are nice places to eat in both locations. As Oliver said, it'll add another 10-15 minutes to your morning if you dive with an operation in Coco while staying in Hermosa.

The best beach in the area, however, is at Ocotal about 3km south of Coco. The water is a bit clearer there and the sand a bit whiter. You could take a taxi there, or rent a scooter for the day from Coco Watersports.

Back
Top Bottom