Cozumel Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang! I'll keep looking for someone who has been over there and hopefully get some pics!

Hey I just happened to come across this post & thought I'd share the link to our pics. I did this dive they called Cannons on the east side of Cozumel back in February of 2007. It was a great dive! In fact, we were there when Nick & Aaron of Scuba Diving magazine shot that East Side Gold video & are seen diving in a couple of shots. :)

The photos don't do it justice...it really is so different than the west dive sites. The conditions were very mild that day but we still found it somewhat tricky to enter & exit the water due to strong surface currents. Definitely only for advanced divers! The reef was very healthy. I expected to see damaged soft corals since they mentioned the site was now visible because of Hurricane Wilma. I didn't see much damage though, in fact we saw lots of plush sea fans & really beautiful sponges. I would gladly do it again.

The day we went was primarily because we couldn't dive on the west side - the harbor captain had closed the port on the west for diving due to rough seas. Very rare of all the times I've been there so we made the best out of it & did this dive on the east! If the west side is choppy, usually the east is calm and those are the days that are best to dive there. Aldora's boat does launch from Chen Rio as someone else mentioned. I'm not sure how they call it in regards to what's too rough or not. We lucked out & had a mild day!

Here's some pics from our trip: Cozumel Feb 2007 CARNAVAL Photo Gallery by Kelly Tyler at pbase.com
Cheers,
Kelly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom