Cozumel what to expect now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a place to find the dive site rotation schedule for what's closed for what dates? I understand they're rotating - and it won't make much of a difference as we're already booked - but I'm curious. Thanks!
Well that was easier than I thought..

Here ya go

January: Chankanab and Chankanab Bolones

February and March: Cedral Wall, Paso del Cedral and La Francesa

April and May: Dalilia, Palancar Gardens and Palancar Horseshoe

June and July: Paradise dive sites
August 17th to the end of September: El Cielo is closed

August and September: Palancar Caves, Palancar Bricks, and all of the Columbia dive sites

October and November: All San Francisco sites and Santa Rosa sites (including the wall)

December: Chankanab and Chankanab Bolones

Is there a place to find the dive site rotation schedule for what's closed for what dates? I understand they're rotating - and it won't make much of a difference as we're already booked - but I'm curious. Thanks!

2021 Reef Closure Schedule

https ://www.facebook.com/ConanpCozumel/

I put a space after the https, for some reason it comes up with some german facebook link.

I have searched for Conanp's info and I can't find the closure info easily.

Although I did not see the closure info, this is an third party interesting site - arrecifescozumel Publisher Publications - Issuu

Waiting for a document to show up on a .gov website to confirm this, but FYI. Within this article it says the following has changed:

"All foreign visitors must be vaccinated against COVID-19, and must show proof of vaccination before boarding a U.S.-bound airline. They must also provide a negative test taken no more than 72 hours prior to flying.

People traveling from Mexico or Canada do not need to show a negative test
. "

Here's the article:

US to allow fully vaccinated international travelers to visit starting Nov. 8

Cozumel just went green, this week I believe, on Covid restrictions. Of course they could dip back down by the time you go. We were there last week. They are still alternating closing of the different dive sites.
You just proved that Gov. Carlos Joaquin's plan is working.

There are now TWO Greens and the northern part of the state (Think Cancun and Coz) went into green one, which I like to call Joaquin green. It has masking inside and out still, but raises capacity for occupancy a bit. So not really a green green, but rather more a chartreuse.

But from a PR perspective, its GREEN (batteries no included.)

And man up on the International nose test. It is not that bad. Maybe stop at the pharmacy and grab a valium before? Or Southwest just paired with some company that allows you to buy a packaged COVID test and take it with you. Then to a video call with a tech who lets you perform the test. You show him the test and he emails you the results. Comes with a spare in case you blow the first one. Crazy! Like $50.

I think I will still with International. Cheaper and I don't want to pick my own nose with a stick.

And man up on the International nose test. It is not that bad.
I don't mind the test - been to Cozumel a few times this year - last test was at the International Hospital (where they are QUITE thorough!). But if it's not required I won't get a test. If I'm symptomatic - at home or in Cozumel - I will get a test. Otherwise, no.

W
I don't mind the test - been to Cozumel a few times this year - last test was at the International Hospital (where they are QUITE thorough!). But if it's not required I won't get a test. If I'm symptomatic - at home or in Cozumel - I will get a test. Otherwise, no.
Well there are no signs of that requirement being dropped anytime soon. Come on man!

Actually, Costamed was a DOUBLE nostril test. International is just one. (So that is 1 at Costamed and 3 at International for us this year.)

And I think that house call doc will let you spit in a cup?

International has a parking lot, validates parking and I am in and out, so they remain my go to.

However, I believe the UK is taking Mexico and a bunch of other places off the RED, mandatory quarantine list in early November maybe? My UK friend are EXCITED!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom