Cozumel what to expect now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talon17

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all. I'm thinking about going to coz this Dec. Anything new on covid restrictions or any reef closings due to that white coral deal? Anyone been there lately? Just looking for things to know that are good and bad these days. Also, is the bullshark dive still a thing in playa d? I was there during the pandemic and it was quite sad seeing all of the shops closed and people desperate for the tourist money to come back. Are the shops doing ok and are things open? Thanks bunches

yeah, coz is hobbling back to business. the cruiser stores were still shuttered when I was there last (overpriced touristy crap and fancy watches) but the little shops are raring to go. Reefs were in good shape. Not sure about the bull shark dives. Playa still may have the poo smell problem with the sargassum.

The only restriction is that you have to get a covid test before getting on the plane back.

Cozumel just went green, this week I believe, on Covid restrictions. Of course they could dip back down by the time you go. We were there last week. They are still alternating closing of the different dive sites.

I was in Playa shopping on Tuesday. Drove by several dive shops that were advertising bull shark dives. Looks like it should be easy to find some op to take you.

I was in Cozumel in June, the sargassum was disgusting over in playa and smelled to holy hell…. Restaurants were open but closed early… the reefs looked in great shape, best in years... and the covid test to come home was from hell, 10' swab

Is there a place to find the dive site rotation schedule for what's closed for what dates? I understand they're rotating - and it won't make much of a difference as we're already booked - but I'm curious. Thanks!

Is there a place to find the dive site rotation schedule for what's closed for what dates? I understand they're rotating - and it won't make much of a difference as we're already booked - but I'm curious. Thanks!
Let me do a little digging through my email, I thought I saw it posted a while back and I copied it, it's not easy to find

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom