Cozumel weather in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuckster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How is March weather ?? I know it can be windy & unpredictable in Fl. If not March how about April ???

We usually make our trip to Coz in mid-April or May and both have always been very nice.

the summer humidity hasn't kicked in yet, the highs are usually in the mid-upper '80's & sunny. rarely a chance of rain, but if it does it would be in the very late afternoon or overnight. winds are usually very low if any, it's a mild tradewind type tropical breeze if there is one at all. really a good time to go.

We usually go mid March. We have had very good weather for the last few years. There is always a chance of a Norte coming in and causing a problem with diving. But that is a chance I don't mind taking. Compared to Virginia, it may seem pretty hot.

dnhill

I've gone on Dec, March and June for the last two years. March has been a good month to go but the viz was better in Dec & June. But Coz is great any time of year

My first Coz trip was in March. The water was absolutly FREEZING! (Ok it was 78 :wink: )

Tuckster:
How is March weather ?? I know it can be windy & unpredictable in Fl. If not March how about April ???

Check out the following Web site....go to the webcams and you can see what's happening now :)

http://www.cozumel.net/

Paul in VT

March thru May is the best for mid 80's. Jan and Feb can be cool with more of a chance for El Norte. June thru Oct. hot and sticky with almost daily pm showers but not enough to cancel diving. This past spring break - last week of March was perfect mid 80's during the day 72 at night never even had ac on!
Water temp Jan-Feb mid to high 70's starts to warm up in March and at the end its low 80's. April to Nov water temps mid 80's. If you dive more than 2 a day or multi-days a 3-5mil suit is a good idea. Even in warm water the more you dive the colder you start to feel.

Back
Top Bottom