Cozumel Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

We just got in from Coz late last night.

Summary- 7 1/2 hours dive time in 5 days of diving. Hurricane Stan (then a tropical storm) passed over us on Sunday. so we missed one day of diving. Still did 10 daytime dives and 2 night dives.

Aquatic life seen-sea turtles, sea horses, BIG green Moray eels, scorpion fish, black tipped reef sharks, lobsters, crabs, eel snakes, southern ray, spotted eagle ray, octopi, slippery lobsters, nurse sharks, groupers, trumpet fish, and Baracudas. And much more than I can list here. Lots of pretty reef fish too.

Dove the wreck, the gardens, delilah, Cedral wall, Cedral pass, Santa Rosa Wall, Punta Sur/Devil's Throat/Cathedral room (not for the faint of heart), tormente, and the Bricks. I would highly recommend Cozumel night diving. They were the two best dives. Punta Sur and the Wreck were great too.

Everything went great. Had 2 divers abort Punta Sur because of gear/depth issue. A good call on both parts. Vis was not optimal, but was generally very good, espicially considering the season.

I would highly recommend Ismael and Jose Luis with Dive Palancar. They were just great all the way around. We dove on the Triton III and the crew were also excellent.

We stayed at the Allegro Grand, which was very nice. The staff was friendly and the rooms were great. We also took the horsback tour of Cedral, which was a cool way to get the history of the Island.

Excellent trip all around. It helped that we dove with 10 people from our dive club. They were great to travel with.

Back
Top Bottom