Cozumel Trip Report July 27-Aug 3, Very, Very Long.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice job! Sorry 'bout getting sick the last day, we've eaten at Papa Hogs many times with no issues. Hopefully an isolated incident. :(

BTW, this is only a "long" trip report...you should see mine! Now, those are "very, very long" trip reports!! :D

thanks again!

Nice job! Sorry 'bout getting sick the last day, we've eaten at Papa Hogs many times with no issues. Hopefully an isolated incident. :(
I've eaten there quite a bit too and never a problem... well, except for a margarita now and then that is too big and/or too strong for me. :blinking: Their quesadillas and nachos are always a Cozumel trip must for me. Love them. Even the best places can have a bad day or unknowingly get a bad ingredient. I wouldn't hold it against them. They have a great reputation, lots of repeat business and regulars, and have been around a long time.

La Hatch sounds pretty reasonable. We've stayed at Villablanca many times over the years. The superior rooms are a great deal. I was thinking of looking for a quick, short trip and VB always fits the bill for that. My concern was reading about La Hatch being open really late and with live music most nights. I thought the sound might travel across the road, especially to the 2nd floor rooms. Someone recently said here that it wasn't an issue during their stay. How did you find it?

We stayed on the 2nd floor, 3rd room from the road and never heard anything from La Hach. This includes one night where they celebrated the completion of the Ultimate Diver Challenge. We were told there was a live band and fire dancers and it went late into the night. The only thing I ever heard was clanking in the early mornings when the air tanks were being delivered.

We stayed on the 2nd floor, 3rd room from the road and never heard anything from La Hach. This includes one night where they celebrated the completion of the Ultimate Diver Challenge. We were told there was a live band and fire dancers and it went late into the night. The only thing I ever heard was clanking in the early mornings when the air tanks were being delivered.
Thanks! When we stay there we're usually in a room right around the same spot you were so I'm glad to hear the noise stays out over the water and doesn't seem to come back across the road. Tanks in the morning are just part of being in Couzmel. :wink:

I've eaten there quite a bit too and never a problem... well, except for a margarita now and then that is too big and/or too strong for me. :blinking: Their quesadillas and nachos are always a Cozumel trip must for me. Love them. Even the best places can have a bad day or unknowingly get a bad ingredient. I wouldn't hold it against them. They have a great reputation, lots of repeat business and regulars, and have been around a long time.

We ate there a couple of times and this was the 2nd time I had their quesadillas and all was good until....:shocked2: And no I don't hold it against them. S**t happens :D

Great read. Thanks.

Is San Carlos Pescaderia walking distance from the plaza? Sounds like an early dinner or late lunch is the way to go.
Oh and the all time winner for the longest trip report goes to.......Sharky60

WOW. Nice trip report. Mind if I copy it and and try to repeat it October (maybe without the storm)? We will be staying at Villa Blanca and diving with Scuba Mau and we usually end up with Monkey as our DM. But they are all great. Your report was great. I could just picture myself right along beside you in EVERYTHING you describe. (La Hatch, Rockin Java, La Palapita, the drive to the other side of the island and of course the diving) Only thing we need to add is getting to Pescaderia San Carlos. Have not been there yet.

We try to add at least one new place to eat each trip. Last trip was Especias (sp) for the first time and it was great. Time before that was Camillos. Of couse have to hit the old favorites as well (El Pique, Chalangos, Los Otates, El Foco, Wet Wendys, Casa Dennis, Mission and of course La Hatch) Look forward to adding Pescaderia San Carlos this trip.

Sorry, didn't intend to hijack. Great Report.

underachiever, have at it and have fun in October. The storm was a great adventure, the view and sound from underwater is up there with my all-time great experiences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom