Cozumel Trip from Moon Palace Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankge

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I was hoping someone could tell me how long the day trip is leaving from Moon Palace and doing a 2-tank dive on Cozumel and return. What time would we be back at the hotel?

Thanks

You may want to get a moderator to move this to the Mexico or Cozumel forums, you'll receive more input in those forums.
That said, you have to go from Cancun to Playa Del Carmen and catch the ferry to Cozumel. The bus to PDC is about 45 min to an hour and the ferry ride is 45 min. Most dives leave between 8 AM and 9 AM and are back anytime between 12 PM and 1 PM based on the dive sites visited. The ferry runs every hour, I'm not sure about the bus schedule though. My guess is that you'd have to leave Cancun around 5 or 6 in the morning and be back around 4 or 5 in the afternoon. You can search the board for this topic in the mexico or cozumel forums as it has been discussed often.
Have fun..

If you are planning on making the trip with AquaWorld, the on-site provider, they will (did) make you go all of the way to Cancun hotel zone to check-in etc, then back past the MP to playa for the ferry. Way too much driving. If you're going with them, I would find another solution, like demand to meet them in PDC, or pick another op. I think they did drop me at the MP on the way back though. As I recall, the taxi fare to PDC is ~$30.00. The wreck dive from the MP is worth doing also.
Have fun - Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom