Cozumel Photo Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffmol

New
Reaction score
Hello, all...
I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation (since I've not been to Coz yet) on dive or photo shops that rent u/w photo equipment. I'm specifically looking for one that rents camera housing and/or strobe equipment. I've got a Canon A70 and would love to get hooked up with something simple for the week.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts,
Jeff

cxg31s:
Island Photo is your best bet. Check out their website for more info:

http://www.photocozumel.com/pages/960155/

Agreed. Holly and Armando are great people. The shop is located next to El Cide Hotel to the right of the entrance. They have very nice digital rental gear. Holly downloads pics to disc after each dive. Have a great time.

another vote for Island Photo, I've been using them for years. Holly and Armando are wonderful people. They rent both film and digital equipment, I've been using the Sea & Sea 3000 digital camera setup for the past couple of years and have gotten wonderful results. the camera is really a Ricoh r30 with a Sea & Sea housing and stobe, simple point and shoot photography with great results, I even took 3rd place in the State Fair of Texas photo contest last year with one of my shots.
You've already got the link from others so I won't add that.
Have a great trip,

Thanks for the replies y'all. I really appreciate it.

I purchased a Canon A70 specifically because it was a good camera to use when I go diving. I'm a u/w photo novice and would really like to rent the WP-DC700 housing and a strobe package from someone in Coz... and learn how to use my camera (as opposed to rent a package, learn the camera and promptly forget everything since I'll probably never shoot with it again).

I sent off an email a few days ago and have not heard back from Holly and Armando. I'll try calling perhaps as I leave soon!

Jeff, you will not be able to just rent a housing only from Island Photo. They will have complete digital and film cameras setups available for rent with or without strobes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom