Cozumel or Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

easyrider003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Leaving on a cruise this saturday, July 18,2009. Gonna just rent scuba gear from where ever we get on the dive boat. Our vehicle isn't very big and have a hard enough time gettting clothes to fit in the vehicle for 7 days.

Anywho, if you had to choose just one place to dive, which would it be? We are cruising with Royal Caribbean out of port canaveral.

Personnaly I would Dive Couzumel. Depending on your expierence I know their are some very interesting Holes and ledges that go down quite deep with tons of marine life. Either place will be enjoyable though.

I only have about 25 dives under my belt. Not sure if the price will be different but most likely will do the cheapest

cozumel, every year,12 years in a row, still excited to go next year
what other ports are you goingto be in

Both have wonderful dive sites. The sites in Cozumel and GC are (can be) fairly close to your boat port/mooring. I've been to Coz 5 times and going back in October. Just returned from GC, but dove teh East End. The West side of GC (which is where you will dive if you're on a cruise) can be a bit cattle-boat'y!

I myself prefer Cozumel to Grand Cayman, but I would not throw either out of bed for eating crackers, if you know what I mean.

If you must choose, don't even consider Haiti or Jamaica.

I have been to both location - both have fantastic sites -- but my fav is Coz

can anyone tell me what the cost is to dive cozumel? I looked on the website, but I didnt find any scuba excursion but I know they have them. I found something that said full fun day or something like that, but it was for SCUBA and Snorkeling. Wasn't that expensive though , $69. Just didn't find a SCUBA only excursion. Just wondering what everyone has had to pay in the past?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom