Cozumel makes "No" List for 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah... People can try to stop the spread with the antibiotic or chlorine based silly putty followed by UW grinding wheels to cut grooves beyond the treated area as a secondary line of defense but it's futile... Kind of like the old days when airlines and restaurants had smoking and non-smoking sections. Anyone in a non-smoking section was breathing the same ambient air. Everything living in the oceans is living the same water.

Well they stopped it on that one for a bit. The infected dead areas had been that way for a while. The live part looked ok.

As for futile, are you saying all of those coral are dead men walking now. No sense trying to help at all? I am just guessing no matter how bad some of the brains will live, how small that number is I don't know. So some don't get infected. So if you stop the disease on one brain, why is it not possible it wont get reinfected?

I did see a lot of silly putty fails, but I saw a number winning. Seems worth the try.

And the non-smoking section did have less smoke....

He did, but it seems you don’t see it. This leads to the question, do you have tridacna on your ignore list as @Jcp2 is implying? Rhetorical question, just hoping to help you figure out why you’re not seeing the quote he is responding too.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Thank you...I will neither confirm or deny whom I have on ignore :wink:

==
Ignored content from posters also applies to their content in a quoted post, hence the mystery of the missing messages.

Amazing. I had to to turn on “ignored content” to figure out this mystery. I just learned something. Looks like quite a few SBers share my sentiments. Thanks!

He did, but it seems you don’t see it. This leads to the question, do you have tridacna on your ignore list as @Jcp2 is implying? Rhetorical question, just hoping to help you figure out why you’re not seeing the quote he is responding too.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Nope. Wrong implication. Looks like we have a shared ignore, though.

Well Dave, as you no longer have a financial interest in Aldora I find it misleading when you respond to members here and continue to state "We" or "Us" when posting about Aldora and its offerings... It makes you sound like you are still the owner. I personally had no idea you no longer had a financial interest in Aldora. This is news to me. How long ago did you divest your interest in Aldora? Yesterday? Last week? Last month? Years ago?

Dear Deepsea21,

For the record I have been out for several months and Memo Medoza has a New partner whose name is Jarred Biesch. He is a really good guy who has been diving the Aldora way for years. I am sure he is dedicated to maintaining the quality of service that I created or I would not have done the deal. Of that I am sure, but will remain an advisor to my baby.

I am sorry if my continued use of I/we was confusing and I will stop that…but old habits are hard to break.But from now on, y"all can take my rantings as devoid of financial interest.

Sincerely

Dave Dillehay

You got 30 years in building something up, I think we can be forgiving of the we. I can very much understand that. Its his baby.

And every baby bird grows up and leaves the nest. One's kids can leave their parent's nest and one can refer to them as "we" and "us" as that is family. Business is business and regardless of who built it, all that matters is who currently owns it. Dave grew Aldora from a baby and built a highly reputable dive op. However, he has divested his interest in it. It is no longer his and he shouldn't be posting as though it still is. I don't care if Dave wants to cling to the past and still considers Aldora "his". What I care about is his posting to members using "we" and "us" which implies he still has an ownership interest or is the owner. He can post to his heart's content here but his posts about Aldora should reflect those of a non-owner and an outsider that isn't involved with current management. Aldora may change under new ownership and Dave posting about "we" and "us" based on the past will not reflect the current reality of Aldora and its current ownership/management. Aldora could crap the bed under new ownership/management and Dave would still be here touting "his" dive op. Dave is no longer residing where the rubber meets the road. He's now a spectator providing commentary based on past experience. Just my opinion.

And every baby bird grows up and leaves the nest. One's kids can leave their parent's nest and one can refer to them as "we" and "us" as that is family. Business is business and regardless of who built it, all that matters is who currently owns it. Dave grew Aldora from a baby and built a highly reputable dive op. However, he has divested his interest in it. It is no longer his and he shouldn't be posting as though it still is. I don't care if Dave wants to cling to the past and still considers Aldora "his". What I care about is his posting to members using "we" and "us" which implies he still has an ownership interest or is the owner. He can post to his heart's content here but his posts about Aldora should reflect those of a non-owner and an outsider that isn't involved with current management. Aldora may change under new ownership and Dave posting about "we" and "us" based on the past will not reflect the current reality of Aldora and its current ownership/management. Aldora could crap the bed under new ownership/management and Dave would still be here touting "his" dive op. Dave is no longer residing where the rubber meets the road. He's now a spectator providing commentary based on past experience. Just my opinion.
You must be joking!

Dave’s profile says “Dive Shop Owner”.

Then listed as “Dive shop owner since 1992”.

Perhaps a change to “EMERITUS” would be appropriate. :wink:

I'LL TRY TO CANGE THAT.

DAVE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom