Cozumel in Macro (mostly) with the G12/Ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, thanks for the pics. Very nice. I have been shooting the G12 with dual ds51's and very happy with the set up and quality of images. I also use the UCL-165. I shoot mostly in manual and play with strobe settings as TTL does not operate in manual. Could you provide further details on CHDK custom firmware. Your point on shooting Av mode and ability to set shutter speed to 1/125 or 1/250 sounds like a solution for TTL and macro.

Regards

Could you provide further details on CHDK custom firmware. Your point on shooting Av mode and ability to set shutter speed to 1/125 or 1/250 sounds like a solution for TTL and macro.

It's a bit of setup when you first turn the camera on but it does come in handy. The G12 will always stick to 1/60 in Av and just adjust the power output of the strobes to meet the exposure. This may not be what you want if the subject is moving. Like a juvenile spotted drum.

The CHDK firmware will allow you to override this 1/60 shutter setting.

The download is here along with instructions: G12 - CHDK Wiki

-Charles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom