Cozumel in December !!! First Time have questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got back from Allegro and didn't have any problems with Dive Palancar. From what I have heard from some of their staff, things are very slow with them so the boats shouldn't be over crowded. Personally, I never felt over crowded on their boats. Maybe I'm just used to US boats that pack you on and go in almost any weather.

The Occidental Grand is a beautiful resort but a bit on the quiet, no party zone for our group so we stayed at the Allegro.The Grand doesn't have a dock, or didn't at the first of August. You'll have to wade out into waist deep water to board the boats unless you walk over the the Allegro every day. Only a couple of hundred yards up the beach so it is a nice morning stroll. The dm's at Palancar are top notch in my opinion, but then again I know them from previous trips so I'm prejudiced.

Have a great trip and keep us posted on how it goes.

Since an inquiry about Cozumel more appropriately falls under the Mexico than Caribbean forum, I've taken the liberty of moving it here.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Sounds like a lot of work to me. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we supposed to be on vacation. Now after 3 dives a day and all that and nitrogen saturation. Do we have any energy left to go to town and have a nice dinner and then a little fiesta ? I don't think so. But I am bias and like being close to town and having the boats pick me up right in front of my room. Call me crazy, call me lazy, but I like my plan better, no offense my friend, to each his own. Good Divin, Good viz, may your bottom time be long, George:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom