Cozumel in December 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is the diving there in December? (sorry for the hijack) :)

TERRIBLE!

Water temps are FREEZING (80 degrees F top to bottom)
Weather is TERRIBLE (80-90 degrees F)
Water viz 100-200 feet

I still wear a full length wetsuit. It comes in handy on some of the deeper dives.

I still wear a full length wetsuit. It comes in handy on some of the deeper dives.

Me, too, 5mm full wetsuit. Sometimes the winter can be a little cool, especially if it's raining a lot. And with 4 to 5 dives a day, it starts to get a little chilly.

Me, too, 5mm full wetsuit. Sometimes the winter can be a little cool, especially if it's raining a lot. And with 4 to 5 dives a day, it starts to get a little chilly.

I don't do that many dives a day..but I do wear skins under my 3mm wetsuit. :wink: I sure wouldn't try it in a shortie...brrrrrrrrrrr.

Doc Harry,
Just booked a trip to Scuba Club Cozumel for the same week(Dec 6 - 13). My son is flying from Boston to meet me there. One of my dive buddies and his wife are also going. I am trying to talk my wife into going (not a diver), but not any luck so far. Was in Cozumel once for the day and have been looking for an opportunity to get back. I live in western Pennsylvania, so Cozumel was like heaven when I was there last.

My December plans are on hold. Still hoping I can book something, but if so, it will probably be about 10 days instead of my usual 3wks. (Several years running now we spend 2wks in Cozumel and a week on the mainland in December...) :ermm:

Dec 8-15, my wife Debbie and I are staying at Park Royal and I'm diving with Scuba Mau. My wife is a snorkel addict if anyone wants to join her while I dive. I usually go meet her where she is and have a snack and snooze on the beach while she continues to snorkel. For those that dont think there is any where shore wise to snorkel, try telling my wife that. After that returning for all of Feb. Let the fun begin.

I will be there in December. I don't have diving arrangements yet nor a hotel.

PD

We will be there Dec 25-Jan 1st. This is my second trip to COZ, 1st one since certified, so very excited. Have booked a room, but not dive packages as I am going to Cancun next week for my first open water dives (after certification) and want to see how those go before I decide on what type of diving I want to do over Christmas. My last trip to Cozumel was on a cruise ship 10+ years ago, at that time my hubby dove and I snorkeled. He is convinced that after I dive next week, I will be up to diving the max everyday. I hope it is as awesome as I think, my initial open water certification dives were in a very cold and murky lake, not so fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom