Cozumel hotels and Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from coz. The hotel we stayes at "Brisas Cozumel" was horrible. Maybe I am to picky, but I like a room that does not smell. The food(all inclusive) was buffet only and bad. On the plus side the diving was great. Used Paradise Divers and have no complaints. Next time I wii stay at the Plaza Los Glorias, and eat out. There were many good places to eat.

USMC Diver once bubbled...

Quite right.

This is true. There are plenty of Dive Operations on the Island. The same names always come up over and over in this Forum. I have no prolem with any of the other dive ops on COZ as I have not dove with them. I did dive ALDORA and I stand by that experience.
[snippity doo dah - G]

As always, DSFDF and YMMV, but I have had all the bottom time I could handle on an AL80 (over an hour and ascending solidly "in the yellow"), and Aldora is by no means the only dive op that lets you dive your comp and your own profile. I have nothing against them, but the extra money they charge doesn't buy me anything. Also, I prefer to patronize the local businesses on Cozumel (Aldora is gringo owned).

Atlas:

Wow thanks for posting........I just started poking around to set the place for my next foray to Coz.

Last night I was looking at Brisas/Dive Paradise/All-Inclusive package.....$700 USD+- including 14-15 dives, 7 days.

It looked pretty darn good, and CHEAP!.

Maybe I will rethink, again. I know the A/Inclusives are generally mass produced "trough" food.........and being fairly picky it could be a problem.

I also would be severly bummed if we cattle-boat 1000 "weekend divers" into a boat that I was on. I find (No offense) that the All Inclusive crowds are generally less than experienced divers......maye I'm wrong, but most "experienced" divers tend to do it (dive trips) differently. AS in, SCC (diver exclusive) or a hotel somewhere, and eating and diving are entirely separate issues.

Please, more info.

CHOW.

check the Barracuda hotel. Not the Ritz but clean, close to town and you can shore dive. Dive Paradise has shop at the hotel

Have fun

I can positively say no room I've ever stayed in at Brisas had any "smells". I've been staying there since it was Fiesta Inn and have never had a bad room experience outside of an AC that was either meat locker cold or too warm. The food situation at the hotel is VERY lacking but I always eat in town anyway.

For diving, I always use Dive Paradise and book a "fast boat" for our (6 person) group. We usually go with the Cocka Doodle Diving package where they pick you up at 630am. Nothing better than a dive on Punta Sur at sunrise :D

I have just gotta ask...I am trying to figure out all the acronyms. What does "DSFDF and YMMV" mean?

USMC DIVER:confused:

I have just gotta ask...I am trying to figure out all the acronyms. What does "DSFDF and YMMV" mean?

Sorry for the obscure references; DSFDF = different strokes for different folks, and YMMV = your mileage may vary.

I see... I figured out LOL, ROFL LMAO, IMO and IMHO pretty quick but I was really stuck on DSFDF and YMMV, guess I got that ironed out. Thanks.

IHTUATA ( It Helps To Understand All The Acronyms ). hehe :D

Semper Fi

USMC DIVER

ps. while I am engaging in self education, what excatly is a "Troll"?

ps. while I am engaging in self education, what excatly is a "Troll"?

A troll (or to troll) comes in by way of a fishing analogy, referring to the type of fishing where you drag baits around in the water.

Someone who tosses out an outrageous or inflammatory remark just to see what kind of response he/she can get, i.e., who "rises to the bait", is engaging in trolling. Such a remark (or the person who generates one) may also be referred to as a troll (the noun).

People who troll are usually pimply faced kids sitting in the dark in their underwear at their dad's computer... oops, am I trolling now? ;^)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom