Cozumel hotels and Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NightRaven77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey fellas........and ladies!

Im planning with a fellow diver to go to Coz for a week of diving in the last week of October......

Im looking for some suggetions where to stay and a dive operator onsite as well that hopefully is reputable....

We like to pick our own sites to dive and would like onshore diving as well......

Any ideas will be appreciated.........we plan to spend probably about $1200 total........airfare included of course........

I hear the Presidente is the best hotel on the island but unsure about the dive op........We kinda want to stay in town....

thanks again!!

NightRaven77

Presidente does have the reputation as the best hotel and their dive op, Scuba Du gets decent ratings too. But you can use any dive op you want. They will pick you up at your hotel pier.

Presidente is not in town, so if that is important consider Brisas, Plaza Las Glorias or Scuba Club.

that the average cost for a two tank dive trip is about $50-60 per person. you can spend $80-90 with some operators (Aldora) if you want premium service. You might look at some packages offered by Dive Paradise. They offer decent hotels and dive packages that are priced nice. It depends on how much you want to spend on your hotel really. You can spend $135 /night or as little as $35. Look at Dive Paradise, Dive House, and Aqua Safari. These folks can be a bit more economical if that suits your budget.

Plaza Las Glorias is close to town, has spacious rooms with ocean-view balconies, and an active bar/pool scene. The hotel has its own dock and any dive operation will pick you up there. The on-site is operation is Aqua Safari, who is well regarded. I personally like Deep Blue, who arranged every special dive site I requested, and Aldora, whose steek 120's give you plenty of bottom time.

I think Presidente is an all inclusive. Because there are so many good restaurants in town, and because it's a lot of fun going to town at night, I would not recommend an all-inclusive.

I just recently returned from COZ. I dove with ALDORA. Quite possible one of the best DIVE OPS I have ever worked with. Itelligent, curtious, and accomidating. They let you dive your Computer and if you don't have one the will loan you one for no additional charge. They Dive Steel HP 120'S. Loads of bottom time. This OP cost more then most but you have to pay for Quality. You can have a great time with some other OPS but you will NEVER forget when you dove with Aldora.

WWW.ALDORA.COM

USMC DIVER

USMC Diver

How was your trip with Aldora? Sounds like it was good and all as advertised. Are you going to post a trip report?

The El Presidente is not an all-inclusive, but they do offer an optional meal plan.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

NightRaven77 once bubbled...
Hey fellas........and ladies!

Im planning with a fellow diver to go to Coz for a week of diving in the last week of October......

(...)

Any ideas will be appreciated.........we plan to spend probably about $1200 total........airfare included of course........

I hear the Presidente is the best hotel on the island but unsure about the dive op........We kinda want to stay in town....

thanks again!!

NightRaven77

You might have trouble hitting your budget numbers if you stay at the Presidente; it's a bit pricey. And in a related story, there are plenty of good dive operators on the island where you can get great diving without paying a premium price.

5615mike once bubbled...
USMC Diver

How was your trip with Aldora? Sounds like it was good and all as advertised. Are you going to post a trip report?

Thanks for asking :) . It was great. I will post the trip report as soon as I get a free moment to think. I went for a three day'r and it was awesome but I had to come back to work and pay the piper, so to say. Hotel Bahia and Aldora. Would Definetly recommend Aldora in the future, I have been diving for 14+ years and I know a safe, clean, intelligent operation when I see one. I like the fact that Aldora treats you like an Adult =-) . They said "Dive your computer, don't die, you dive, we'll get you there and watch" Great Time. I am taking my wife in November for 7 days so that will be better but I had a great time.

USMC DIVER
=-)

ggunn once bubbled...

And in a related story, there are plenty of good dive operators on the island where you can get great diving without paying a premium price.

Quite right.

This is true. There are plenty of Dive Operations on the Island. The same names always come up over and over in this Forum. I have no prolem with any of the other dive ops on COZ as I have not dove with them. I did dive ALDORA and I stand by that experience. I (note: "I" as in personal opinion/eperience) didn't mind paying the extra 25 bucks for the elongated bottom time and general attitude. I think more than anything I am paying for the attitude of the dive op. They allow the diver to dive at his/her level instead of dictating the dive site, depth, and time. I can build my own profile, thank you and I don't need some cash first, experience second type operation to help me develop a "80 for 40 / 40 for 50" profile.

Pick what ever dive op is within your budget, some go as cheap as $35 2tank dives to 100 dollars per dive. It boils down to flavor you want your Cool-aid to be.

:ninja: USMC DIVER :ninja:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom