Cozumel Hotel & Resort aka Brisas/DWM trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
:sun_smile We were in Coz 12/22-12/26. We flew out of DFW on Ryan Air. Ck in was quick even though were in an orange alert status. I bought an egg mcmuffin for the trip since there was no food on this charter. They were offering a boxed "snack" for 5 bucks no thanks. I felt like I was on a flying greyhound bus. It got us there and that was all that mattered. Lomas travel was there to meet us in Coz looking like little blue smurfs. Carlos helped us find our van and ask if there was anything that he could do for us. I told him we were ready to get wet and want to dive today. He ask who we were diving with for the week and said that he would contact DWM to let him know we were here and to make arrangements for us to dive today. Carlos told us to meet him in the lobby of our hotel at noon. Got tho the hotel ck in was quick, got our dive locker key and we were good to go. While we were unpacking Carlos called said that he had arranged for us to dive today at one and to just meet him down in the lobby and would take care of paper work for us to go. We were in Coz at 10:40 am and on the dive boat at 1:00pm. I'm a happy camper.The wind was out of the north and cold we were the only 2 divers on the boat. James DM and George BC took us to Las Palmas seahorse,turtle,eagle ray and to Paradise it was a good get acculmated to the water dive. We were back by 4:00 pm and ready for happy hour. We went AI this time against my wishes but my husband wanted to. I am glad we did the food was good and plenty of it. I am a very picky eater but I was able to find things that I liked. PLMBROK's trip report has more details and I ditto what he had to say. I also found the beds to be very comfortable. I ck'd out the mattress and it appreared to be new with a foam egg crate on top of it. No complaints with the hotel or service.
We have used DWM before and were very happy with his no frills dive service. His fast boats are never over crowded. He offers bottled water but no snacks on his boats. The DM's always ask us where we wanted to go and took us there. Our SI was spent on one of the beaches the first full dive day, the rest of the week we stayed on the boat the water was very rough and was hard to get in and out even at our hotel pier. We went to Santa Rosa, Cedral, Punta Sur, Columbia Shallows, and the last day we had Osmund for DM he is one of the best. He told us he wanted to take us North yippee usually when we request north they are hesitant because of the currents. He took us to San Juan reef. It was Christmas day, what a dive, he told us we would see eagle rays. We dove to 103 feet and the current was ripping but we were able to get down behind part of the reef and perch above a ledge and look down into the abyss no we did not see 8 tiny reindeer,but we did see 18 eagle rays riding the current we stayed there about 3 minutes and watched the huge creatures I wanted to rub my eyes I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was a beautiful dive but it was over so quickly. The dive was over and we were back on the boat heading for our last dive for the week. During the week we saw on every dive but one nurse sharks and eagle rays. Turtles on 3 of the dives and 1 seahorse and 1 octopus and of course the various other small critters. Our "free" night dive was cancelled because only 2 wanted to go and they wanted 4 to make the trip. I guess the air was too cold. I dove in a 2 ml but could have used a heavier suit my husband dove in a 3ml and was comfortable. I forgot to mention the marine park fees we paid them but never saw a bracelet. I ask about them twice and was told we would get them tomorrow. I never saw anyone on the boat with one on, or at the resort either.
Checking out of the hotel was quick and check in at the airport was semi quick. That old dried up sandwich they were selling on the plane was starting to look pretty good but settled for the cheese and crackers we took for snacks.
The trip was great just not long enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom