Cozumel Hotel for Beach/Reef Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only heard good things about the night shore dives.

We were so relaxed & mellow by night time that I didn't even dream of going for a dive :crafty:

I simply could not get enough of the shore dive during the day and kick myself that I didn't do more of them!

realdiver7 - you are going to have a fabulous time! I look forward to your report :)

We were told that tanks are available on-site all day and all night for no extra charge if you book a short-term, or long-term package. You can walk outside your room at midnight, pick up tanks and dive all night if you want to. The agent said there are different species of sea life that become active in front of the hotel at night, as compared to day time diving. Since batteries are very expensive there, it is advised that you bring your own flashlights and chemical lightsticks. Flashlights rent for $10 right now and they don't have chemical lightsticks, so we will bring our own. The dive shop does not sell equipment, but they have plenty to rent and they are always upgrading according to our agent.

I will make sure to let everyone know the real "scoop" when we return in February. So far what I have written is the info I have received over the telephone and internet. The most expensive part of the trip looks like it's going to be airline tickets!

realdiver7:
We were told that tanks are available on-site all day and all night for no extra charge if you book a short-term, or long-term package. You can walk outside your room at midnight, pick up tanks and dive all night if you want to. The agent said there are different species of sea life that become active in front of the hotel at night, as compared to day time diving.

All true, but I advise getting your tanks in the afternoon for a night dive, as they may run out.

I have made many night dives from Caribe Blu. Here's a starting point: There is a buoy chain that runs parallel to the shore right behind the hotel; extend that line southward. There are a couple of small villas across the street and to the south of the hotel; from a point about halfway between them, draw a line perpendicular to the shoreline heading offshore. Where those lines intersect, there is a grouping of small coral heads where one can always find some critters. Make a daylight dive out there first to get your bearings

Enjoy your trip!

We are planning a vacation in April 05 in Cozumel and are trying to choose between staying at the Grand Cozumel @ Occidental or the newly re-opening in Feb. 05
Cozumel Palace. Both are all-inclusive and include some dives. The rates also appear to be about the same. Supposedly when the Cozumel Palace opens in Feb. it will be a
6 Star location and the Grand Cozumel is a 5 Star. Any recommendations? Thanks,
Bill

I stayed at Hotel Cozumel in November and the shore night dives off the pier there were fun. We saw 3 octos and lots of other life on the wall there. The tanks at Dive Paradise were only $6-8, I think. So, well worth the money. Also, I was diving so much on the reefs, that I didn't feel the need to do too many shore dives during my time there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom