Cozumel for Beginners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockydiver:
My Wife and I (from Colorado too!) stayed at the Allegro with our kids in June and loved it. There is always something going on there for adults and kids. Two pools and on the beach for relaxing too. A very wonderful staff and family atmosphere. We are going back in one week and will be staying there again.
As for Barracuda, it is a small beach Dive Shop. I did a Cenotes trip through them and had a great time. The DM Tour guide was friendly and very knowledgable about the Cenotes. The only draw-back was (I discovered later) they are quite pricey. I will be checking out other Ops. when we go back.

Your subject line says Allegro Playacar, but this discussion is regarding Cozumel.

For clarification, the Barracuda hotel here in Cozumel is an economical hotel with a very small office for Dive Paradise where you can rent tanks for shore dives and they do not run cenote tours from there. It is completely different than the Barracuda dive shop onsite at the hotel in Playacar. No affiliation whatsoever.

Cenote dives are always more expensive than the boat dives. The going rate for a cenote tour from Cozumel to the mainland is anywhere between $100 and $150 depending on how many people, who you use (qualifications), what sites you go to (distance & entrance fees), and what is included (transportation, lunch, etc.)

Thank you for the clarification Christi.
I was a little confused, but I'm all better now.
We are going to Playacar and Cozumel tomorrow and I am now much more educated about the place.
We are looking forward to a drift in Palancar. and while we are there we will take a look at the Allegro Cozumel for a future stay.
Our cenote trip from Playacar was $150 for a two tank dive, transporation and a sandwich. Well worth it!

Christi:
Your subject line says Allegro Playacar, but this discussion is regarding Cozumel.

For clarification, the Barracuda hotel here in Cozumel is an economical hotel with a very small office for Dive Paradise where you can rent tanks for shore dives and they do not run cenote tours from there. It is completely different than the Barracuda dive shop onsite at the hotel in Playacar. No affiliation whatsoever.

Cenote dives are always more expensive than the boat dives. The going rate for a cenote tour from Cozumel to the mainland is anywhere between $100 and $150 depending on how many people, who you use (qualifications), what sites you go to (distance & entrance fees), and what is included (transportation, lunch, etc.)

We went to Coz back in July/Aug, where we had stayed at the Occidental Grand. We had a great time. It was all-inclusive, minus the diving. This is the nicest resort on the island by-far, but it is also the most expensive. Plaza Las Glorias has some good deals if you prefer to stay in town. We love the drift diving on the south end, but the currents can be a little stronger when the seasons change.

Back
Top Bottom