Cozumel food costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gedunk:
is a little outdoor place across from the taxi stand and has the best octopus (pulpo?) tacos for 10 to 15 pesos (about $1.50) that you will ever have.

I'm not kinding, they are really good, especially considering what they cost.

Which taxi stand?

ggunn:
Which taxi stand?

I always get this mixed up but as i recall its on calle 2 between 10th and 15th. El Sitio has a chain link fence for an outer wall and entry door. Plastic tables and chairs.

gedunk:
I always get this mixed up but as i recall its on calle 2 between 10th and 15th. El Sitio has a chain link fence for an outer wall and entry door. Plastic tables and chairs.

I'm not familiar with the restaurant but I believe the main taxi depot is on Calle 2 Norte between Ave 10 & 5.

JK

mediakzar:
I'm not familiar with the restaurant but I believe the main taxi depot is on Calle 2 Norte between Ave 10 & 5.

JK

Thats the spot. El-Sitio is right across from the main taxi depot. Lots of locals pick up their lunches there in the morning, thats how we stumbled over it.

If your really bold, you can get the octo prepared in its own ink. Personally i like the ceviche version best.

gedunk:
Thats the spot. El-Sitio is right across from the main taxi depot. Lots of locals pick up their lunches there in the morning, thats how we stumbled over it.

If your really bold, you can get the octo prepared in its own ink. Personally i like the ceviche version best.

They have that? All the places I used to get pulpo in su tinta (Capi, Palmeras, Sonora) don't serve it any more. It's one of my fave dishes; have you seen it there recently?

ggunn:
They have that? All the places I used to get pulpo in su tinta (Capi, Palmeras, Sonora) don't serve it any more. It's one of my fave dishes; have you seen it there recently?

Yes, i was just there two weeks ago. If you like Pulpo, it is a must. You won't be disappointed.

gedunk:
Yup, screw the shrimp, go for the pulpo, its much better IMO.

Claro. I almost never eat shrimp on Cozumel. The pulpo, concha, and pescados are all indigenous, but the shrimp probably flew in frozen from Houston.

Back
Top Bottom