Trip Report Cozumel diving 23 Sep 24 photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColoDale

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I got in one day of diving 23 Sep before the hurricane with a friend from Chicago. One day tomorrow for me.

Monday we dove one of the Palancars and Yucab. Currents were slow but visibility was down with lots of particles in the water down south. Water was warm so no neoprene at all. We managed to get out a bit early and get to the dive sites before most boats.

Parking at the marina is the same as before - a pain.

There is a new traffic light at the crosswalk by Pemex near the international cruise ship terminal but it was always red. No one was stopping for it. If cruisers misinterpret the light, they may just walk out in front of you. So watch for them if you are driving.

Our friends finally got out on the ferry Thursday morning to get to Cancun since they did the bag drag. Their short trip turned into a longer one. They did have to reschedule their flight back to the US. We did get to Jeanies for breakfast on Tuesday and the staff brought me a birthday waffle and sang happy birthday. 40 again.

We again dove with Scuba Diving Cozumel | Bottom Time Divers Cozumel. Raul knew there were some batfish on Yucab and the seahorses from earlier this year at the same site were gone.

We only saw one small Hawksbill turtle but did see several swimming nurse sharks. Lots of lobsters and small fish and some of the usual suspects.

Chromis
Coz Sep 2024 Chromis Seascape 001.jpg

Coral polyp
Coz Sep 2024 Coral polyp 001.jpg

Giant Anemone
Coz Sep 2024 Giant Anemone 001.jpg

Gray Snapper
Coz Sep 2024 Gray Snapper 001.jpg

Lou - Loudives on SB
Coz Sep 2024 Lou Seascape 001.jpg

5 photos at a time. Some more

Nurse shark
Coz Sep 2024 Nurse Shark 001.jpg

I identify this as lettuce coral. At first I thought some of it had been eaten but I saw polyps and proper ridges on the vertical sides.
Coz Sep 2024 Poss Lettuce coral 001.jpg

Queen Angelfish
Coz Sep 2024 Queen Angelfish 001.jpg

Roughback Batfish
Coz Sep 2024 Roughback Batfish 002.jpg

Scorpionfish
Coz Sep 2024 Scorpionfish 001.jpg

A few more

Palancar
Coz Sep 2024 Seascape 002.jpg

Spiny Lobster party
Coz Sep 2024 Spiny Lobster 001.jpg

Cushion Seastar
Coz Sep 2024 Starfish 001.jpg

Nice pics!

Say “hey” to @loudives for me.

I’m going to be there diving with Raul in November.

Great photos. What is the difference between a queen angelfish and a blue angelfish?

Great photos. What is the difference between a queen angelfish and a blue angelfish?
The adult Queen Angelfish is much more colorful. The adults are both about the same size and shape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom