Trip Report Cozumel- December 20-31, 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We flew AA to Cozumel directly from CLT. The flight was about 1/4 empty. Have you seen this one?
View attachment 632718

Here is the before pic of that boat. I took a video of it in October, 2017 I think, when the port was closed one day. I took a short video of it to see how bad the waves were in the port. When I went back in January I saw it had wrecked.
Wrecked boat.jpg

No issues..saw a guy launching a drone from the Occidental pier without any fanfare...

Also any I wanted to do some shallower dives while there, had open heart surgery 2 years ago , safe to dive but wanted to stay within 40-50ft , so any dive boats or sites you would recommend would be appreciated , Glad I joined this board btw, I m Larry, and hope to become a regular

Also any I wanted to do some shallower dives while there, had open heart surgery 2 years ago , safe to dive but wanted to stay within 40-50ft , so any dive boats or sites you would recommend would be appreciated , Glad I joined this board btw, I m Larry, and hope to become a regular
I suggest you start a new thread with this question...

You can do shallow shore dives from Scuba Club (where we stayed), maybe somewhere else.

2 cameras 3 lenses, and 2 flashes, I do photography on the side when there , couple of light stands, I m not a pro, but love to shoot some of the local scenery and my fiancee is going so wanted some pics of her while we were there. Just wasn't sure how strict they are now. My flashes are not the large strobe type more like the compact speed lights, I appreciate the quick reply.

A lot of people over in Baja are getting hit with underwater housing taxes very frequently (San Jose de Cabo for certain , maybe La Paz also—virtually all of people on recent Socorro trips have been hit for housings. ). Seems to be more focused on housing than the cameras strobes etc over there. That started before the pandemic.

Cozumel customs has definitely gotten worse in a lot of ways since the pandemic, but haven’t heard as much focus on camera/housings etc. I wouldn’t bring more stuff than necessary just to be on safe side. You do not want to give the appearance that you are bringing in professional equipment. Professional equipment is a big red flag.

A lot of people over in Baja are getting hit with underwater housing taxes very frequently (San Jose de Cabo for certain , maybe La Paz also—virtually all of people on recent Socorro trips have been hit for housings. ). Seems to be more focused on housing than the cameras strobes etc over there. That started before the pandemic.

Cozumel customs has definitely gotten worse in a lot of ways since the pandemic, but haven’t heard as much focus on camera/housings etc. I wouldn’t bring more stuff than necessary just to be on safe side. You do not want to give the appearance that you are bringing in professional equipment. Professional equipment is a big red flag.
Yes I ve heard of them especially targeting housings, I won't be bringing any of that, was just bringing a camera , 2-3 lenses and a GoPro, maybe a drone, me and my dive buddy would actually be splitting some of that up, especially the stands and the strobes, we would have one each, maybe two speed lights for me. I dont mind paying a tax, just didn't want to get hit with a huge tax over $200 US

Nobody paid any attention to my kit (two Sony A6000's, 1 housing, couple of extra lenses and 1 strobe)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom