Cozumel cruise ship dive and water temp question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jetfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Greetings!
two Florida divers heading for Cozumel on royal carribean next week. Anyone know what the water temps are like. Hate being cold! Also can anyone tell me what dive operator RC uses there?

You can use any dive op you wish...as long as schedules and other factors mesh.

What is the name of your boat and does your paperwork indicate which pier you will dock at in Cozumel?

We just got back on Saturday from a week in Coz. The water temps varied from 76 - 82 degrees. We had several cruise ship divers during the week, although I'm not sure from which line. We stayed at The Blue Angel Resort and dived with them. Make sure to bring something WARM to wear during your surface interval and your boat trip back to the dock. The "wind chill" was cold!

Happy diving!

Greetings!
two Florida divers heading for Cozumel on royal carribean next week. Anyone know what the water temps are like. Hate being cold! Also can anyone tell me what dive operator RC uses there?

As of last January Royal was using Sand Dollar. But my understanding is that after too many incidents they switched providers. So I don't know who they're using now, but it's probably not Sand Dollar. :confused:

There are many good operators in Coz to choose from who will cater to the cruise ships. If you have not been there before taxis are plentiful and fairly inexpensive. But if you do choose to go with your own dive operator and not a ship contracted one, if any mishaps should occur and you miss the departure it is on you to make and PAY for transportation to the next stop. If you choose to book your diving through the cruise ship and a mishap happens and you are late the ship will wait or they will make all of the arrangments to get you to the next port-of-call. For this reason when I dive from a cruise ship, most of the time I choose to dive with the cruise contracted operator.

I would find out who the contracted dive opertor is and then research them...ScubaBoard has a wealth of resources to research a dive operator in Coz.

Ditto on the bring warm surface clothes...while the water is fairly warm, the surface temp with the wind chill can bite a bit.

Enjoy your trip, Coz is awesome. :sharkattack:

Michael
:dancingsnoopy:

Thanks for the replies. We are on RC liberty and will be in Cozumel Saturday dec 1!

My info shows this:

LIberty of the Seas,TMM International PierSat, Dec 16:3016:45

You are close to Dive with Martin. I am not sure of the other dive shops close by to the north. Possibly Dive Paradise, Blue Angel, Opals Dream.

If you are going to use the ship preferred dive op, other suggestions are pointless.

I don't do cruises but if I did, I would still look into Aldora, Blue XTSea, etc who also make a beach stop.

Bienvenidos - Aldora Divers | Only the best of Cozumel

|

divewithmartin.com

Aldora and DWM do have sections on diving from cruise ships. Not sure about Blue Xt Sea. I am on dialup and it is not loading now so check it. Those sites may provide useful guidance.

bluextseadiving.com

---------- Post added November 28th, 2012 at 07:45 AM ----------

I could not find the Aldora cruise ship page that was there before they revamped heir website. However, I do see these:

LATE DEPARTURE 2 TANK TRIPS
(avg 5 hr round trip) tailor made for our CRUISE SHIP and MAINLAND DIVERS

and

Special schedules for cruises & mainland divers We want you to dive NO MATTER WHAT so we have a special late departure to cover most cruise ship and mainland diver's schedules, with the same Aldora Quality Dive Service

So if you want beach time along with diving, contact Aldora, Blue Xt Sea or similar. Just verify that they still do the beach surface interval.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom