Cozumel Beer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sooner1

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Coz in May and for the first time we are not staying at an all inclusive resort. Can anybody recommend a good store with CHEAP prices for Mexican beer? :sappy:

Sooner1:
My wife and I are going to Coz in May and for the first time we are not staying at an all inclusive resort. Can anybody recommend a good store with CHEAP prices for Mexican beer? :sappy:

The place to go is Chaudraui, which is a SuperStore on the ocean strip (Melgar) at 17th Street South. They have everything there. Tecate is pretty tasty, you can buy it in six pack cans. I forgot how many pesos but it is pretty cheap.

Sooner1:

If you're really serious about drinking beer, you can buy by the case directly from the wholesaler. You will have to pay a bottle deposit on your first purchase which will be as much as the beer but after that, the price per case will be very reasonable. You can get your deposit back at the end but it will require an additional trip.

There are several towards on the southern end of Ave 65.

JK
http://www.mxtravel.com/cozumel.html

mediakzar:
If you're really serious about drinking beer, you can buy by the case directly from the wholesaler. You will have to pay a bottle deposit on your first purchase which will be as much as the beer but after that, the price per case will be very reasonable. You can get your deposit back at the end but it will require an additional trip.

There are several towards on the southern end of Ave 65.

JK
http://www.mxtravel.com/cozumel.html

Chedraui's beer prices compare well, even at the case level, with those at the distributor, and it's a whole lot easier to find. I also second the nomination of Leon Negra as the best beer on the island. Yum.

Thanks y'all!! I've never heard of Leon Negra but if a fellow Texan 2nd's a recommendation for beer then I'll definitely have to get some.

Anybody out there going to Coz between 5/8 and 5/15?

Sooner,

Leon Negra is my favorite local beer; it's a dark beer with some of the character of a dark European beer, but not very complex.
The wife likes Sol--simple, but refreshing.

Do check out Chedraui--decent beer and liquor prices. I like their pastries (although they are not very sweet), and they make little ham sandwiches at lunch that cost about $.50 each.

Hook'em,

Alan

Sooner1:
Thanks y'all!! I've never heard of Leon Negra but if a fellow Texan 2nd's a recommendation for beer then I'll definitely have to get some.

Anybody out there going to Coz between 5/8 and 5/15?

5/12 - 5/24 for me, but can we go NOW? ;^)

Why beer when there are margaritas to be had? j/k I can't wait until I'm lying on a hammock with an icy Corona and lime after a hard day of diving.

I'll be in Coz 5/15 to 5/23, where you staying GGunn? I'll be at the Fiesta Americana.

Mel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom