Cozumel anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquaman40:
My wife and I along with our 8 year old son will be in Coz for a week. Staying at El Cozumeleno and Diving with both Scuba Du and Blue XT Sea Diving. Can't wait, but the weather is starting to look scary. Hurricane Charlie will hopefully not cause too many problems for Coz, but it looks like a lot of thunder storms during my week, any comments!!!

Don't worry - be happy.

Charley is veering way to the east due to the very unusual mid-August cold front that has dropped overnight temps in to the 60's here in Austin. Hurricanes pull cooler air down from the north on their western sides; my prediction for Coz weather for the next few days: unseasonably cool and dry.

Also, take the Weather Underground's predictions of thunderstorms with a grain of salt; when I went to Coz in May, the predictions were for thunderstorms each and every day throughout our 12 days on the island. In reality, it was mostly sunny every day, and it only rained twice in gentle showers for about an hour. Absolutely no problema.

ggunn:
Don't worry - be happy.

Charley is veering way to the east due to the very unusual mid-August cold front that has dropped overnight temps in to the 60's here in Austin. Hurricanes pull cooler air down from the north on their western sides; my prediction for Coz weather for the next few days: unseasonably cool and dry.

Also, take the Weather Underground's predictions of thunderstorms with a grain of salt; when I went to Coz in May, the predictions were for thunderstorms each and every day throughout our 12 days on the island. In reality, it was mostly sunny every day, and it only rained twice in gentle showers for about an hour. Absolutely no problema.

Thanks Gordon, Hopefully your wisdom and experience will hold true here, I feel better already.
Mike-Aquaman40

rje634:
It'll be our first 'Dive' trip to Cozumel (was there long ago before we were certified), really looking forward to it. We're staying at Fiesta Americana and diving with Dive House. Anybody have any input on either?

Counting the days....

Sue-ba have a great time!

I like diving with a group I found this past year, I have dove with alot of other people in Coz, but I prefer http://www.cozumel-diving.net/edds/

Of all the hotels I like staying at Melia Cozumel. Good place for an AI and they have good food too.

Sue-ba Lips:
Your vacation is close to ours. I did not hear about hurricane Charlie. I really do hope it does not mess us up, meaning you or us. We have a 9 yr old girl. She is the only one that does not dive. Allegro had a program for her so we could dive. If it turns out we don't feel right about leaving her there, we will have to take turns not diving. With 6 of us, that should not be too burdensome. Hopefully, there will be other kids her age there though. She could have a good time if there are.

Sue-ba-lips, I am also taking my 8 year old non-diving son (yet), and the El Coz has a kids camp when my wife and I go diving :wink: . From what I've read about kids camps in Coz, your daughter will have a great time and will only become irritated when you want her to come and spend time with you instead of the camp:)

Aquaman40:
Sue-ba-lips, I am also taking my 8 year old non-diving son (yet), and the El Coz has a kids camp when my wife and I go diving :wink: . From what I've read about kids camps in Coz, your daughter will have a great time and will only become irritated when you want her to come and spend time with you instead of the camp:)
That sounds perfect. It would alleviate some of the guilt of us having fun under water if we know she is having fun too.

Scubagal:
rje634 - We stayed at Fiesta Americana and dove with Dive House in February 2004. Here's a link to my trip report that includes some topside and u/w pictures: Trip Report
Have fun, wish we were headed back!
Connie, Thanks for the link to the dive report, well done!
I'm even more excited about the trip. Glad to hear you had a good experience with both the Fiesta and Dive House, kind of puts you at ease when you know your not dealing with a bad dive op or hotel..

rje634:
Connie, Thanks for the link to the dive report, well done!
I'm even more excited about the trip. Glad to hear you had a good experience with both the Fiesta and Dive House, kind of puts you at ease when you know your not dealing with a bad dive op or hotel..
Thanks for the kind words! We always do a lot of research when planning trips, it is nice to find someone that has been there, done that. Have a wonderful trip, and be sure to post a trip report when you get back!

I am soooo very excited. We leave tomorrow morning. It took us almost all day Saturday just to pack 6 dive bags. Wow! But, it made me anxious to get into the water.

Sorry you cant all come with us. I tried to see who we might hook up with but no luck.

Back
Top Bottom