Cozumel advice needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muha

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am planning my vacation in Cozumel. I would be very grateful if people how dove there share with me how can I arrange two-week diving vacation in the end of January. I would be very happy to know the weather condition (visibility, water temperature), the best and cheapest way to flight from London, quiet budget place to stay (basic accommodation is okay) and of course good dice center.
Thank you very much in advance!
Dive safely!!!!!!!!

Muha,

I recommend that you read the "stiky post" here in the Cozumel topic for information about weather, diving and dive ops. As far as the best way to travel and where to stay, go to Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, or any of the numerous travel sites available on the web. You can compare costs and itineraries very easily using the travel sites.

There are several good dive ops that can arrange a hotel & dive package, there are decent budget priced hotels (Hotel Pepita gets very high marks) and there are countless good dive ops, but the smaller ops don't need to discount their services (especially that time of year) but some cattle boat ops might slightly discount a 2 week package.
Vis then is usually excellent but it can be ruined by a storm coming down from the north (a notre) and water temps are usually high 70's on the surface and mid to high 70's at depth.
You might want to contact any or all of these but there will hopefully be more added by others, but these are the ones I know of just add www &. com to each; scubatony, aldora, aquasafari, bluextseadivers, divewithmartin, scubawithalison.
You can also find more names here
Scuba Dive Cozumel: Cozumel Scuba Dive

Book as soon as possible. January 23 - 30 is Caranval and getting a room might be difficult.

Regards,
Dave (aka "Squirt")

Hi everyone!

I am planning my vacation in Cozumel. I would be very grateful if people how dove there share with me how can I arrange two-week diving vacation in the end of January. I would be very happy to know the weather condition (visibility, water temperature), the best and cheapest way to flight from London, quiet budget place to stay (basic accommodation is okay) and of course good dice center.
Thank you very much in advance!
Dive safely!!!!!!!!
Hi
As far as dive operators are concerned, I'd strongly recommend staying away from Aqua Safari. I had a very bad experience with them when I was first certified. They were not friendly to me at all and they didn't seem too sympathetic towards new divers. Not sure if the same people are there, so it may be better now, but best to proceed with caution. Best advice, go with your gut and wait until you meet the folks at whatever shop you are interested in. Also, drift diving is NOT necessarily for beginners. I'd say Bonaire or Curacao are MUCH better bets.
Happy Diving!

Hi
As far as dive operators are concerned, I'd strongly recommend staying away from Aqua Safari. I had a very bad experience with them when I was first certified. They were not friendly to me at all and they didn't seem too sympathetic towards new divers. Not sure if the same people are there, so it may be better now, but best to proceed with caution. Best advice, go with your gut and wait until you meet the folks at whatever shop you are interested in. Also, drift diving is NOT necessarily for beginners. I'd say Bonaire or Curacao are MUCH better bets.
Happy Diving!

Hi.

All due respect you might want to take a couple things into consideration. Like it or not a person with 2 posts is not going to carry much weight here, unless your last name is French and is spelled Cousteau.... :D

You stated in your own post that "drift diving is NOT necessarily for beginners" so I'm not sure I understand why you have made your first 2 posts here on Scubaboard to say bad things about Aqua Safari.

You were a beginner diver trying to dive in Cozumel, they (Aqua Safari) were uncomfortable taking you out for some reason we do not know, most likely they tried to convey that to you politely and you probably took offence.

I don't see anything wrong with a dive op refusing service to someone as long as it's a polite refusal.

Even if it's percieved to be rude it's no reason to write them off as a bad dive op unless there is a history of being rude to potential clients.

Just my .02 psi

Hi.

All due respect you might want to take a couple things into consideration. Like it or not a person with 2 posts is not going to carry much weight here, unless your last name is French and is spelled Cousteau.... :D

You stated in your own post that "drift diving is NOT necessarily for beginners" so I'm not sure I understand why you have made your first 2 posts here on Scubaboard to say bad things about Aqua Safari.

You were a beginner diver trying to dive in Cozumel, they (Aqua Safari) were uncomfortable taking you out for some reason we do not know, most likely they tried to convey that to you politely and you probably took offence.

I don't see anything wrong with a dive op refusing service to someone as long as it's a polite refusal.

Even if it's percieved to be rude it's no reason to write them off as a bad dive op unless there is a history of being rude to potential clients.

Just my .02 psi

DITTO!!!!!

plus this thread is two months old....so I believe that reefmadness is just trying to slam a dive op on a public forum :no......

parrotheaddiver:
plus this thread is two months old....so I believe that reefmadness is just trying to slam a dive op on a public forum

Might I add that the incident he/she is referring to occurred "many years ago" according to the post in the other thread.

Give me a freaking break! I can't wait to see what infinite wisdom reefmadness imparts upon us in post #3.

Might I add that the incident he/she is referring to occurred "many years ago" according to the post in the other thread.

Give me a freaking break! I can't wait to see what infinite wisdom reefmadness imparts upon us in post #3.

I smell a troll.... ;^)

Back
Top Bottom