Coz Quick Reference Cheat Sheet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GameChanger

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Even though I have many dive trips to Coz, and I do log my dives, I am still not sure what to say when the DM asks,”Where do you all want to dive today?”
Of course, there are a few dive sites that are easy to remember such as Devil’s Throat, Barracuda, Santa Rosa wall etc. Is there a quick reference cheat sheet I can laminate and carry in my boat bag? I forget which dive sites are considered shallow, deep, wall dives, or in some cases, overcrowded and boring.

Even though I have many dive trips to Coz, and I do log my dives, I am still not sure what to say when the DM asks,”Where do you all want to dive today?”
Of course, there are a few dive sites that are easy to remember such as Devil’s Throat, Barracuda, Santa Rosa wall etc. Is there a quick reference cheat sheet I can laminate and carry in my boat bag? I forget which dive sites are considered shallow, deep, wall dives, or in some cases, overcrowded and boring.
FWIW, I have never been on a boring dive around Cozumel. As for being crowded, that varies from day to day and hour to hour, even moreso than the current. :D

FWIW, I have never been on a boring dive around Cozumel. As for being crowded, that varies from day to day and hour to hour, even moreso than the current. :D
I dunno…I find Paradise kinda boring and overcrowded with snorkel tour boats at times.

I dunno…I find Paradise kinda boring and overcrowded with snorkel tour boats at times.
I knew someone would say that. :D

Our last trip we dove Paradise twice as second dives; neither time did we see any other divers at depth, and why would snorkelers bother you? Both were great dives with lots of life, clear water, and very little current - not at all boring.

I would usually rather dive somewhere else on a night dive, though, because it can indeed get crowded.

Is there a quick reference cheat sheet
There's the spiral bound book called "Cozumel Dive Guide & Log Book' by Underwater Editions that is a small treasure to use. It's out of print, but still can be found on Ebay sometimes $$$.

Is there a quick reference cheat sheet I can laminate and carry in my boat bag? I forget which dive sites are considered shallow, deep, wall dives, or in some cases, overcrowded and boring.

You could get a few tattoos of your favorite sites, deeper ones on the ankles, shallower ones on the wrists. :eyebrow:

There's the spiral bound book called "Cozumel Dive Guide & Log Book' by Underwater Editions that is a small treasure to use. It's out of print, but still can be found on Ebay sometimes $$$.
I would chime in to say that there are also books for Cenotes and Playa del Carmen. Another place one could check is Deep Blue (the dive shop) on Cozumel. I have all three and got them there. Likely they are out, but you could try.

Tell them you wanna go to Palancar Bricks first dive, Villa Blanca second dive. They’ll always say Palancar is closed because they don’t wanna spend the gas, but the closures circulate and there’s always one or two Palancar sites that are open.

Also here’s a small reference laying by my bed lol

Attachments

• IMG_5201.jpeg
    IMG_5201.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 98

Back
Top Bottom