coz in november

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquasport

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to go to coz in november but i need to talk to someone that has been there at that time of year. I was thinking about playa because of the specials but cozumel also has GREAT deals. Is the weather really bad that time of year? Do you think it would be wise to wait. Thanks.

Hi aquasport,

I've been going over Thanksgiving for many years (and am again this year), and can recall losing only one diving day to weather. Of course there's always the risk of a late tropical storm/hurricane, but it's quite small.

Expect occasional passing rain, but often in the late afternoon or evening. Water temps around 81 plus/minus a degree. Daytime highs low to mid-80s, night time lows mid-70s. Still enough sun to get a mild burn.

Go for it.

DocVikingo

I was in Cozumel last November, for 10 days.
Water was in the low-mid 80's, and so was the air :D
It never rained, and the seas were never rough.

Check your private messages.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

That is good to hear. I heard the weather is not good that time of year. I would like to dive with papa hogs ,heard good thing about them i have talked with them on the phone and they sound great for a new diver. I will be going as a single diver so i have to go with the best deal for a single. Aqua safari also has a package deal so i might go with them. Thanks for all the advise. By the way, the airfare from baltimore bites anyone have a good diver travel agent i can call?

I guess Doc :doctor: has (much) more Coz-in-Nov experience than I do...
All I can say is that, last November, we had NO problem at all and the weather/water condition were great. :eek:ut:
As far as travel agent, we used Funjet ( www.funjet.com ), and they offered a great deal from Philly.
As dive op, I have heard that Papa Hogs is great for not-so-experienced divers. We used Deep Blue -great op :thumb: -, who specialize in advanced diving.

Have a blast!! =-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom