Coz in 2 Days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekkie

Reaction score
Hey,
I am leaving boring Virginia in two days for a week long vacation to Cozumel. I have a few questions before I go.

1. I am diving with Dive Paradice and I was wondering how there trips go. Are they a good safe group to go with? Will I have fun? And whats for lunch?

2. I herd the public water can be bad in Mexico. Should I just not take chances and get some bottled water or is the water fairly safe there.

3. I am scheduled for 10 dives, 2 a day, but can I get in somemore?

Thanks,
Tekkie

Try doing a search for DP under Mexico. There are many threads about them. Send DP an email and ask them. They should have an email address on their website. Sure, you can certainly get more dives in than 2 a day. Talk to DP about afternoon dives and shore dives.

1. DP is a large, commercial op that many divers seem to enjoy. Yes, it is safety conscious. They return to the dock at lunchtime, so you can eat in the neighborhood.

2. Most major hotels have safe water, but buying your own really is the safest.

3. Yes, you can find afternoon dives. In fact, I believe that DP offers them. So does Scuba Shack, Deep Blue & Aqua Safari.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Tekkie once bubbled...
Hey,
I am leaving boring Virginia in two days for a week long vacation to Cozumel. I have a few questions before I go.

1. I am diving with Dive Paradice and I was wondering how there trips go. Are they a good safe group to go with? Will I have fun? And whats for lunch?

2. I herd the public water can be bad in Mexico. Should I just not take chances and get some bottled water or is the water fairly safe there.

3. I am scheduled for 10 dives, 2 a day, but can I get in somemore?

Thanks,
Tekkie

So did you post this to make us all jealous or what?

As to 2, you're better safer, so use bottled water for drinking and toothbrushing. Keep your mouth shut in the pool and shower. Ice evrywhere is fine, and purified water is available everywhere.

Be sure and do at least one night dive; you won't regret it.

No response on Dive Paradise, no data.

Most places sell bottled water. Most good restaurants have purified water. They usually won't lie about it because if word got out it would kill their business. At the little places, and at the hotel stick with bottled water. That includes for brushing your teeth! Better safe than sorry.

All the recommendations that I have gotten from friends say that you must do a night dive while you are there. I have heard that the "twilight" dives are not worth it. They fall "between shifts" so the day dwellers are settling in, but the night denizens are not out yet. Stick with a night dive.

You could do 4 or 5 dives a day if you want. We met a guy named Ed from Salt Lake City that was doing 4-5 dives a day, but we met him because he was staying extra days because he was visiting the chamber everyday. Not to say that everyone that does 4-5 dives a day gets bent, but you make the call.

Just my dos centavos, and only 'cause you asked.

Wristshot

I did 4 dives a day for several days running with Dive With Martin in May. They drew the line at 4 however. There were 4 of us on a boat who were talking about doing a 5th dive one day and they would not let us.

No one got bent, but I did fall asleep over dinner on more than one occassion. If you're going to do that much diving it would be a good idea to dive nitrox instead of air, to minimize your nitrogen exposure.

I dove with Dive Paradise a few years ago in one of their fast 6 pack boats. I have notihing bad to say about that experience.

1. Dive Paradise- Good operation, big, they sometimes let the divers have their choice of dive sites. They provide lunch, fresh fruit, sodas and some nasty tuna salad sandwiches ( The fruit was great though)

2. Your best bet is to buy bottled water at the big supermaket.
The little shops around town and in the hotels charge more for it.

3. You can get fills for shore dives from DP ifor 4 bucks if your trips are bppoked with them.

Have a great time

Back
Top Bottom