coz early July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deputydan1:
lol! good points, gordo!

thanks!

ps> hey! just ordered our new atomic b2 reg + sea quest pro qd+ bc!! so excited! what do you think? i also got the wife the sea quest diva qd bc.

-dan

Some day mebbe I'll have enough cash lying around to go out and buy a bunch of nice gear. Heavy sigh.

I'm not familiar with those makes and models, but judging from your enthusiasm, it must be some great stuff.

Not to change the subject but my first BC was a Sea Quest Pro QD and I loved it except for the vecro on the integrated weight pockets. I lost several of them over the 3+ seasons I used the BC. Fortunately, it was never in a critical situation. The bad part of it was the replacing them was like getting a traffic ticket as the pouches cost about $25 and the weights were about $15-$25.
I was planning on replacing it with the Pro QD+ when it came out because it appeared Sea Quest had address the weight pocket issue with snap in pockets. However, a guy in our club convinced me to go to a BP and wing.
At this point I still like the Pro QD better, but in fairness I have not had enough experience on the BP setup to really get the hang of it.
I am going to Cozumel in 3 weeks and taking the BP setup so I can really get use to it.

Enjoy your new gear.

thanks!

wahooooo! i am so excited about it.....it felt really nice at the dive shop. hope it feels even better underwater!

-dan

ps> yes, the pro qd+ now has clip weight release..

swim2mi:
a guy in our club convinced me to go to a BP and wing.
At this point I still like the Pro QD better, but in fairness I have not had enough experience on the BP setup to really get the hang of it.
I am going to Cozumel in 3 weeks and taking the BP setup so I can really get use to it.

Maybe we'll cross currents! :wink: The wife and I both dive w/ BPs and they're just as good in warm tropical waters as well as the dark & cool!

tony

mattboy:
I'll be there until the 5th, diving on 3rd and 4th. I'm staying at the village tankah, which is a small B&B; anybody know anything about it? It's been highly recommended. Anyhow, send me a PM if you want to talk about diving on those days. I guess the dive op in my package is scubashack, AKA roberta's dive eco cozumel. Its my first time to cozumel, really looking forward to it.

Matt
hey my wifeand i will be there from the 2nd
thru the 5th give me some info about b and b asap thanks

lindhsu:
There's a group of three of us from Michigan going to be there July 4th-11th. We are first timers to Cozumel. We're diving the 6th 8th and 9th. Shoot me an e-mail if you have any tips. :)

Hi, we're going to be in Cozumel the same dates as you. Where are you guys staying and who are you diving with?
We're staying at Iberostar and hopefully diving with Papa Hoggs, although I can't get them to email me back to confirm!

ch0ppersrule:
If anybody is going to be in Coz July 3-12 PM me and we can exchange info and get together. The hubby and I are staying at the Occidental Grand (2nd-12th). Our first day of diving is going to be on the 3rd. We have never been to coz and are really looking forward to our visit. We are also going to do the dune buggy tour.

My husband and I are there July 4th through the 11th.
What dive op are you going to dive with? Its our first time there, too, but we're staying at the Iberostar.

Caryn:
My husband and I are there July 4th through the 11th.
What dive op are you going to dive with? Its our first time there, too, but we're staying at the Iberostar.

Hello,
We are staying at the Occidental Grand and diving with Dive Palancar. If you or anyone else wants to get together please call the hotel and ask for Vince or Melissa Woolley. July 10th is Vince's b-day and our anniver. is July 18th. We would love to get together with you all.

ch0ppersrule:
Hello,
We are staying at the Occidental Grand and diving with Dive Palancar. If you or anyone else wants to get together please call the hotel and ask for Vince or Melissa Woolley. July 10th is Vince's b-day and our anniver. is July 18th. We would love to get together with you all.

So how about getting together on the 10th?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom