Covid19 and Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Delta and Omicron have been significant/quantum degrees more transmissible than earlier variants.. Do you have links to data showing that infection rates do not show proportionate increases in both vaxed/unvaxed populations?
If I understand your question I don’t think there will be a reliable answer to this since there was no vaccine for the earliest variants and only marginal for most of delta.

Even if you are able to get tanks and the equipment necessary to delivery via nsasl cannula/facemask, the slight additional increase in O2 available to the patient will be marginal at best and with your tank size very limited in duration. Kind of like putting a bandaid on a shark bite.

I’m not a doctor either, but I’ll add my personal experience to the discussion, in that I had omicron over the holidays which was miserable. I’m vaccinated with the one shot jnj, not boosted. Despite most of my friends having an easy time with omicron, I did not. After about four days of being bed ridden, a cough slowly crept in and which has not gone away since. I have gone to urgent care and done a z-pack cycle for it, as well as a steroid inhaler. It’s slowly getting better, but my coughing fits we’re so bad at times I was wishing I had a little oxygen canister to take some breaths on at times, because the marginal amount of air I was able to breathe in during these fits made me feel very low on o2. Once the fits would subside again I would be fine. But having a can to breathe on would have been very comforting, if only mentally.

Back
Top Bottom