Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And being a manager of IT geeks, when they can't do their job because their Cozumel island Internet craps out, i'd be hard charging for dismissal due to job abandonment.

Not being able to get back to work because you left the country and got COVID is a horribly bad look.... regardless of career.

It's not third world here, aside from hurricanes, my internet here is just as good as in my office when I lived in the US........

And being a manager of IT geeks, when they can't do their job because their Cozumel island Internet craps out, i'd be hard charging for dismissal due to job abandonment.

Not being able to get back to work because you left the country and got COVID is a horribly bad look.... regardless of career.

I spent three weeks in Mexico last December, there were a couple of hiccups that required a trip to Starbucks, but the internet worked just fine as reliable as my home internet.

Your complaints seem more like sour grapes because you won't do the same.

With advances net-meeting apps & ‘net connection, I know a few people who “work from home”, were actually on their vacation home, over a thousand-mile away from home.

I am in a real “stress-free” world now, as I retired last August. My worry now is getting the dang virus while on vacation overseas. So I wear mask whenever I am with strangers and wash / wipe my hands before I touch things that’s not belong to me.

So far so good. COVID-19 free in the last 11 months. Had 4 COVID-19 tests with negative results.

Hopefully I’ll get vaccinated this month before my next overseas trip.

Dan,

You’re a unique guy! I’m guessing no wife, ex-wife or children. You must have retired on a fabulous Wall Street pension and be in superhuman health. I’m envious. I doubt there are too many others on SB that could do what you do! I’m envious.

Tri

Geez Tridacna, you have been awful snarky lately. Why so much bitter sarcasm? I don't read anything superhuman or super wealthy in his post. I realize you think anyone who travels now is a bad person, but maybe you should take a break for a while.

That's fair enough 'cause even if I did care to take the work laptop to Mexico, with all its AD, PDQ, AMP, etc. credentials, I wouldn't be very productive without the dock, monitors (plural), full-size keyboard and all that.

And that's assuming I don't find myself in the 0.05% requiring serious medical care... which my provider will theoretically cover abroad, presumably as in partially reimburse after the fact.

I’d hate to work for you or your company!

I vacationed worked the month of December on the island with only one day of interruption in wifi service. No worse than back home in the winter...my company has come to the realization that we can work from ANYWHERE....I also informed my team that if they wish to travel on holiday, go for it. It’s been too rough of a year for most not to.

It's not third world here, aside from hurricanes, my internet here is just as good as in my office when I lived in the US........

I've had excellent internet and lousy internet in Cozumel. I think if you can get on fiber you are golden. I was at Scuba Shack a few weeks last year while job searching and her internet was flaky, speedtested around 5mbps when not freezing. A couple times I had to go to town - some pastry place in punta langosta? - to do video interviews. I mentioned it to Roberta and a few days later she said she just had fiber installed, try it now. Speedtest jumped to 90mbps and no more freezes.

Geez Tridacna, you have been awful snarky lately. Why so much bitter sarcasm? I don't read anything superhuman or super wealthy in his post. I realize you think anyone who travels now is a bad person, but maybe you should take a break for a while.

I'm just a snarky guy. No offense intended. We've just heard the same story about 20 times.

We've just heard the same story about 20 times.

Hard not to crow when you've worked, planned, arranged to put yourself in that position. I feel ya, Dan. :) Folks keep telling me I'm lucky...I used to try and explain, anymore I just smile. :wink:

Enjoy life and dive!! :clearmask:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom