Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't click it as it was OBVIOUSLY not apple, it was that xn thing. Easy to see actually URL and easy to detect in a QR code..... As in "ERROR: QR CODE DOES NOT SHOW APPROVED LAB URL"

If fact the fact that you SAID it was safe made me more wary....

Looks like they fixed it in some browsers, it was still showing up as Apple in Firefox. But that is one of the many ways to make a link appear to be valid.

For everyone that they fix another pops up. So if you believe that it can't be forged, you are kidding yourself.

:rofl3: "They"? The way it is supposed to work is you go to your bank and ask for the bank's site SSL certificate on a clean freshly baked CD. (USB devices come with auto-play drivers/firmware that can't be tested/cleaned with regular antivirus software and are therefore unsuitable.) Now if in your bank "they" know what the above even means, and are able to give you the goods, do you know how to import that cert into all your browsers?

Of course you also need to disable the built-in chain of trust in all those browsers, otherwise a fake bank site can present a cert signed by a "trusted authority" and bypass your carefully imported "real" cert: AFAIK there is no mechanism to detect such scenario and even alert the user to that happening.

And that's just the tip of the icederg.

Maybe I'm am getting in the weeds. Lets get back to my point... My point was:

Airline loads the following in their system:

All QR codes from COVID lab test must point to:

https://www.lab1.com.mx/covid-19/results/

https://www.lab2.com.mx/covid-19/results/

Or (as a real one: )

https://www.costamed.com.mx/covid-19/results/

Followed by a 13 digit hex record code. Reject and do not load any URL from the documents QR code not in the preapproved list (ie whitelisted)

Now how do you EASILY get around that without hacking the actual lab or airline?

Followed by a 13 digit hex record code. Reject and do not load any URL from the documents QR code not in the preapproved list (ie whitelisted)

Except they aren't doing that.

Really? Which airlines can you confirm are not doing that?

Because no airline is going to bother setting a system like that up unless required by the entry country. And there is no such requirement, the countries that want to check the results have set up visa portals or other approval systems that they control.

And even if they arent, you would have to admit it would be a WHOLE lot harder to create a fake dated lab report linked to an faked website with properly formatted and dated result for everyone in your party OR

Hacking the airline and the labs

versus:

printing that vax card.

Point being again, you are proposing a crap ton of work and creating a record of it to save 35 bucks and 30 minutes on getting the actual covid test. Whereas 5 minute work you could avoid that 'dreaded' vaccine and all...

Because no airline is going to bother setting a system like that up unless required by the entry country. And there is no such requirement, the countries that want to check the results have set up visa portals or other approval systems that they control.

Got it. You are supposing. Even if that is the case and you can just fake a lab sheet tied to a fake lab website in which you have loaded properly dated fake lab results, that is simply harder than any old idiot printing a Vaccine record card and waving it around. Which again was my actual point.

Just simply, how many people can code a webpage VS print a photo and write their name on it....

Got it. You are supposing. Even if that is the case and you can just fake a lab sheet tied to a fake lab website in which you have loaded properly dated fake lab results, that is simply harder than any old idiot printing a Vaccine record card and waving it around. Which again was my actual point.

Just simply, how many people can code a webpage VS print a photo and write their name on it....

Except I was thinking more like some dude standing in downtown selling "lab results" for $25 you save $25 and not have to worry about a false positive.

Except I was thinking more like some dude standing in downtown selling "lab results" for $25 you save $25 and not have to worry about a false positive.

Well, IF there is no checking that its an approve lab, which I still doubt, that probably possible. But honestly if no one is checking, you could probably find a crappy lab to do the same thing, right?

STILL easier to right click my card photo above, print and write your name on it.....

Of course now if there was a REAL government issued vaccine passport or something.....

(listening for:)
giphy.gif

Honestly, if it made my life easier, I am in. I got enough stuff in enough data bases it don't care. I had to slow my roll at Guidos to avoid going to my Costamed brain poke drunk....

Back
Top Bottom