Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, maybe a sign of things to come...:bounce::bounce::bounce::)
Right you are, Bel. A Delta employee whose information has been reliable says that Bonaire’s inbound test requirements will dissolve, effective July 1, for fully-vaccinated travelers from the United States and the Netherlands. Announced at a press conference, not yet on bonairecrisis.com—so don’t take my word for it!

I'm glad this happened - I looked at the numbers yesterday and the US was now better than 7 of the 33 countries on the low risk list published by the Bonairian government (and that list includes San Marino, Vatican, and Liechtenstein). I'm bummed because the last flight from the US with the current regulations is Delta 1813 on June 30th, which happens to be the flight that I'm on.

But hey, if anyone else is reading this over the next week, I did get some nice clarification from the health department about testing to be on the safe side. The ID Now test is fine for travel and you just need it 24 hours before your first flight. I've got a connection into Atlanta and I just need it 24 hours before that flight.

Dear Mr. Pridkett,
Thank you for contacting Public health deparment Bonaire.
Hereby we would like to inform you that the Abbott ID Now rapid COVID test is acceptable to travel to Bonaire.

Taking the Abbott now test within 24 hours of your first departure in Boston will be sufficient to travel to Bonaire without having to undergo an antigen-test upon your arrival in Bonaire.

Travellers aged 12 and under do not have to provid us with any tests upon arrival.

I'm bummed because the last flight from the US with the current regulations is Delta 1813 on June 30th, which happens to be the flight that I'm on.

For completeness - this is is likely incorrect. In his speech last week, Edison Rijna said the following:
These changes will take effect in early July. The exact date is not yet known, but will depend upon a decision being taken in The Hague. We will inform you about this as soon as possible.

So, while it’s likely that they will change soon, people flying in on the early July flights should not assume they can skip the tests until that information has changed.

For completeness - this is is likely incorrect. In his speech last week, Edison Rijna said the following:

So, while it’s likely that they will change soon, people flying in on the early July flights should not assume they can skip the tests until that information has changed.
^^^THIS^^^
Thanks for the clarity.

I need help. My flight leaves tomorrow morning at 7am from Charlotte. I booked my appointment at Walgreens to get my PCR test so it would be within 24 hours and they just told me it would take 72 hours to get the results. From my understanding they will not accept a Antigen "Rapid Test" but that's all I can get at this point. Am I confused, screwed, or both?

Can you get a NAAT Test somewhere between now and departure?

I need help. My flight leaves tomorrow morning at 7am from Charlotte. I booked my appointment at Walgreens to get my PCR test so it would be within 24 hours and they just told me it would take 72 hours to get the results. From my understanding they will not accept a Antigen "Rapid Test" but that's all I can get at this point. Am I confused, screwed, or both?
Your only chance now is to get an Abbott Labs ID NOW test, which is PCR with quick results.
Go to this site COVID-19 Testing & Locations | Walgreens Find Care and pick a location that offers the ID NOW test.

Back
Top Bottom