Covid help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seen a post on Facebook the other day that local hospitals were requiring payment for covid treatment from thos wih no credits..... Sounds like not everything is free for the ones that need it most
I suspect the Seguro Social hospital is free? And that you get what you pay for?

Mexico is the best of socialized medicine. If you got nothing you can get free government care more or less.

Or you get private insurance and/or pay for good care.

The problem is the hospital does not have the advanced equipment needed to treat him. BTW, this is the hospital that people pay into through work, not the hospital that treats low income residents. Two different hospitals. He is a wonderful veterinarian and I can not count the number of times that he has done surgery for free on injured animals here over the years. He is a precious citizen and resource for this island. I can not say enough good things about him or the work he does.

BTW, this is the hospital that people pay into through work, not the hospital that treats low income residents. Two different hospitals. .

But, anyone who can, gets private insurance to NOT have to use the SS hospital either.

Friend of mine that works at the airport got the 'Rona. To apply for the sick pay benefit for Rona from social security, she had to go the office while sick to get it. Someone else was telling about the same issue. You want the gov money, you have to come in person. Have to wonder how many in that office have had covid?

Speaking of the airport, covid has been ripping through there again. If you don't work, you don't get paid, so sick people come to work, thinking its not covid, just a cold....

Reactions: BRT
But, anyone who can, gets private insurance to NOT have to use the SS hospital either.

Friend of mine that works at the airport got the 'Rona. To apply for the sick pay benefit for Rona from social security, she had to go the office while sick to get it. Someone else was telling about the same issue. You want the gov money, you have to come in person. Have to wonder how many in that office have had covid?

Speaking of the airport, covid has been ripping through there again. If you don't work, you don't get paid, so sick people come to work, thinking its not covid, just a cold....
All true

That's a universal problem, and not just for COVID. Even for jobs with sick pay, limiting sick days and combining them with vacation days for total PTO is a powerful incentive for people to come to work sick and spread whatever infection they have with others.

Update on Dr. Julios battle
Today is 70. days hospitalized for Dr Julio at Costamed. TOday he is being discharged to his home and follow his case as an out patient. The 9 days of public hospital before transferring him equals a total of 79 days hospitalized he un after contracting COVID-19 and the damages done to his lungs as a result. Vaccine has been a slow roll out and his age group would have been for this last June. He continued to work and also serve the community as also our animal control vet throughout the Pandemic.
Things for him could have been completely different if he had the opportunity to receive the vaccine, but it was too late. He was infected at the time he could have received for his age group.
This long battle, a roller coaster of ups and downs, he made it. Life saving thoracic chest surgery right here on this island at Costamed saved his life from the damage this virus caused to his lungs. This was the key to getting better! Finally tracheostomy out on this last Monday.
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
Today he
Goes home with lots of family support. He will need to continue with alot of rehabilitation to completely recover.
Any help at all to cover the remaining hospital expenses will be greatly appreciated for his family, as he continues to recover from this in his home.
PayPal donations can be made to Gen Hartman and Dan: loshartmans@gmail.com
Go fund me via his good vet friend Skip Brod:
https://gofund.me/e0226a27

He was discharged a few days ago and is now at home. It will be a long road back to normal but he is strong. As an aside Covid is alive and "well" on the island. Just had a local friend report he has Covid and is looking for oxygen.

Very good news. I feel it is rare to hear of someone going home at all after the kind of COVID battle he fought. I know he is recovering and will be for some time, but if I ever get a chance to meet him I would love the opportunity just to thank you for everything he does for the animals of Cozumel. If not this trip I have coming up, then the next.

I am SO glad he pulled through. Thank you very much for the update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom