Cove 2 or Redondo this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webbah

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all - my wife and I will be diving in the afternoon tomorrow on incoming high tide. Which of Cove 2 or Redondo would be best for us if we're pretty much newbies and will be testing out new gear? Coming from Bothell............

Well, both sites have fairly easy entries, neither is terribly current sensitive, and both have parking and showers and restrooms. Both sites can go deep, but both have habitat attractions in the 40 foot range. Navigation's pretty easy both places. Cove 2 is much closer than Redondo, if you're coming from Bothell. But I think the I-5 closures start tonight, which means getting to the coves could be nightmarish. You might be better off running straight south on 405 and going to Redondo instead. Edmonds could be an option in the early afternoon, too.

I would also opt for Redondo ... enter off the beach on the north side of Salty's (rather than the stairs) ... that's the shallow side, and there's plenty of structure close to the entry in less than 40 fsw.

Generally a great place to test out new gear ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Regarding that I-5 closure in Seattle, my heart goes out to you. That is just going to totally suck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom