Couzmel in April??? Pro's and con's??? HELP!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goofygirl

Reaction score
We had originally been planning on going in late October, but after considering the possibility of storms, and having to wait almost the rest of the year for a dive trip we're now considering going April 17-24th.

Are there any big advantages or disadvantages to going at this time of year?
How's the weather? :profile:
How's the water temps? :profile:
How's the current and vis? :profile:
How's the crowds? :profile:

I appreciate any info you can provide as we're going to need to book VERY soon! Thanks!!!

I like Coz in late Apr-early May. It tends to be warm & sunny, but the high heat & humidity of summer have not yet descended. It's before tropical storm/hurricane season, and after the El Norte season.

Because this is not high season, air fare & hotels are not driven up by demand. It also is not a high crowd time.

Water temps should be 81 plus/minus a degree, and viz 80-140' depending upon site.

Helpful?

DocVikingo

I agree with Doc!
Also seems the mosquitoes have not hatched in this time frame.

goofygirl,

We are going at the same time. We are flying out of newark April 17 and staying till the 24. We are staying at Scuba Club. Great place, it is a little far from some of the reefs, but makes up for it in every other way. Stop by and say hi to Mike and Sue.
Cozumel is nice in April. What dive op are you diving with?

Mike

mlove:
goofygirl,

We are going at the same time. We are flying out of newark April 17 and staying till the 24. We are staying at Scuba Club. Great place, it is a little far from some of the reefs, but makes up for it in every other way. Stop by and say hi to Mike and Sue.
Cozumel is nice in April. What dive op are you diving with?

Mike

Mike:
I'll miss you by one week. Darn.

Love Coz in May. Crowds are down and fun is up!

My wife and me will be in coz April 20 to the 27th. Will be our first time also. I can't wait for that warm water. :scubadive :scubadive :yelclap: :yelclap:

Hey, GG, I hope I didn't scare you off October . But you said you like to plan everything in advance....

I was in Cozumel in April 2001 and it was great! Weather is warm and I was told the drifts are a little faster making it a fantastic dive destination....

I was in Coz May 2nd last year, and it was perfect. We're going to try and make this a yearly thing, we enjoyed it so much. Go for it, and you won't regret it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom