Course for diving doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bevansmw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Not sure exactly where the best place to post this would be but thought here might be ok...

Are there any PADI or other certs that teach you to dive with doubles? Just curious as I've been contemplating turning my two LP 72's into a set of doubles and would like to have some instruction in diving with doubles prior to doing so.

There is no "PADI" class that teaches the use of doubles -- HOWEVER, one could get instruction on the use of doubles from a DSAT instructor (at the moment, PADI and DSAT are still two separate entities).

ANY technical instructor should be able to teach the proper use of doubles. My advice would be to talk to some and find one you think can teach you and there hire him/her for a diving lesson. IF you are on Oahu, write to Kidspot here on SB and ask him if he is willing to do a diving lesson/doubles workshop.

I suggest you go to the Hawai'i O'hana section of the Regional Travel and clubs section of ScubaBoard and ask a question about getting such instruction on your island. I bet you get a handful of good responses very quickly.

Not sure exactly where the best place to post this would be but thought here might be ok...

Are there any PADI or other certs that teach you to dive with doubles? Just curious as I've been contemplating turning my two LP 72's into a set of doubles and would like to have some instruction in diving with doubles prior to doing so.

While many courses will allow for the use of doubles during training, the PSAI Twinset course exists specifically for that reason, and the PDIC Tek Prep course must now be done in double tanks according to standards.

Last edited:
TDI intro to tech can also be done in doubles.

NAUI Intro is done in doubles and there is an SEI course in development addressing it as well. I will also allow anyone AOW or above to take any of my courses in doubles if they are willing to spend a few days in the pool and OW with me for non cert instruction in the use of them. I want you to be able to dive them and be sufficiently comfortable. It does not take a tech instructor to teach one to dive doubles. I am not a tech instructor but have over 120 dives in doubles from 72's in 3 mils to 85 and 95 in a dry suit. Depths to 155 feet, cold water, warm, etc, I think I can teach someone the basics when it comes to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom