Could you please introduce some experienced reviewers for LED diving torch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vivian-led,

There's a level distrust of magazine reviews because they receive payment to print their reviews. Users of the forums here will give you an honest opinion of your product. If your target audience are users here, then let users do the review.

Well, our connection seems to have gone dead. Last time I got this much silence from a dive light manufacturer was when I tried to contact Magicshine for service.

I can provide some feedback based just on the information provided. This seems to be a start-up venture by a company manufacturing LED lights for surface use. These lights don't seem to have much presence on the US market but do have some mixed reviews and testing from the LED light community. I suspect their only UW lights are a few prototypes and doubt if there is any ongoing production. (The illumination for the 8 minute video looked like it was provide by some other light.) The two dive lights seem to offer little in the way of competitive features. I see fairly low power, short battery life, and flooding. I expect reliability will be worse than competitors' due to inevitable early production problems and using the button control which will provide another opportunity for leakage. I'm sure they will use the same inferior "made in china" o-rings that are a problem with so many dive lights from there.

If you think this light might be interesting, take a look at the Trustfire alternative. Of course you will need to replace the crappy original o-rings with some quality ones and then correct any other manufacturing defects; but in the end you should have a very inexpensive ($30) and fairly useful LED dive light.

Is there is kick-back or is this just a question of asking people to do free work?

R..

Is there is kick-back or is this just a question of asking people to do free work?

R..

I suspect some folks were hoping for a "kick-back" of a free light. And I suspect the op was primarily looking to get a foot in the door on some free advertising. Crelant appears to be a parent or sister operation to Scubalamp and has had some rather extensive reviews on candlepowerforums.com.

I suspect some folks were hoping for a "kick-back" of a free light. And I suspect the op was primarily looking to get a foot in the door on some free advertising. Crelant appears to be a parent or sister operation to Scubalamp and has had some rather extensive reviews on candlepowerforums.com.

I am waiting for administrator's response on opening a sub-forum, after that, we will considering to send some to the users or through some other ways.

Just look for the thread "eBay dive light" to see what can happen with a good light and members reports...

Jim..

Back
Top Bottom