Could this be your gear? ~Feb 3 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I saw this on Cozumel Diving (facebook page), posted 3 days ago.

"Elements of the Directorate of Public Safety secure a male during the early morning carrying a suitcase with complete diving equipment in the vicinity of the colony San Gervasio.
Municipal police were on crime deterrence runs on 135th Avenue with 5th Street South of the colony San Gervasio when they observe a subject wearing a black sweatshirt and black denim pants, dragging a large black suitcase with the caption "Deep sea" so the elements approach with your unit but this person took an evasive attitude, before this the uniformed descend from the unit to conduct an inspection but this began to insult the police.

The officers proceeded to check the inside of the suitcase finding a complete diving equipment, in front of the probable commission of a crime the police placed the locks on the male to be transferred to the Public Security facilities remaining at the disposal of the civil judge on duty
."

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 9.34.33 AM.png

Another good reason not to have labels on the outside of your gear bag. I used to have a big sticker on mine that said "Contagious Materials" as a deterrent but Covid really took the humor out of that.

he was ready to go diving, noticed the flip flops?

I'd kind of like to get one of those engraving guns to permanently mark
Engraving absolutely works !! over the last 15yrs, I engrave all my dive gear with my SB board name & cell # so it's the 1st result on a google search. I've had several phone calls for lobster gear, shafts and even $700 testing kit left at the dock. That $24 engraver was the best money I've ever spent. If we have a group boat trip, I have also brought it to the dock and while waiting to load, friends have used it right there to mark their gear. You'll be a hero for that. {they have battery ones too! }

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom