costa rica tamarindo dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andydob27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I will be staying in Tamaridno in costa rica for 8 days.

This is the first trip to Costa Rica for both of us.

Are there any good dive shops in Tamarindo?

Any dive shops/dive sites/restaurant/bars that should not be missed...I would love to hear about them.

Thank.

Andy

I'll be there in August for two weeks (first time). I found Aqua Rica and Tamarindo Diving Center through Google but I don't really know much about them. Looking forward to the responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that was me. We did a 1 week trip 2 years ago, splitting the week half in the Arenal volcano area and half in Tamarindo. We stayed at the Diria hotel, which was very convenient, right in the center of town and right on the beach.

My daughter and I dove with Aqua Rica. Nice folks. Diving was out at the Catalina Islands, about a 40-45 minute boat ride. Lots of white tip reek sharks, large schools of fish, barracuda, octopus, morays, etc. This is Pacific diving, so not clear aquamarine water (perhaps 40-50 foot vis if I remember correctly). The Aqua Rica shop is located a few blocks from the beach. We checked in with them the day before to fill out paperwork, show cert cards, etc.....although it seems some folks did this right on the beach. On diving days, you meet right on the beach, they ferry you from the beach in a skiff to their dive boat and off you go. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Regarding the title of my video linked on that thread...we were there in January 2014, not 2013 :)

Chris

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom