Costa Rica Questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHunt

Reaction score
Hello All,

I?m new to the boards and diving so I am seeking advice from those who can contribute to a few questions I have about our next vacation destination, Costa Rica!

1) What if any experiences have you had diving with Bill Beard Diving Safari?s? My girlfriend and I are both novices and would like a ?comfortable dive? to start with to get the butterfly?s out of the way then on to some more adventurous dives. Did you find this dive operation able to meet these needs for you?
2) Also, how far in advance did you need to book your dive dates? Since I haven?t yet nailed down what and where we will do and when, ?and I may never get it right?, can Bill Beard?s handle walk-ups?
3) Are there other quality dive operations close by that area you can recommend?
4) We also want to do some inland exploring. What were the top 2-3 eco-adventures you found to be the best bang for the buck. We are staying at the Allegro in the Guanacaste region and would like to keep the trips to a ?out and back in a day? time frame.
5) How long in advance did you need to book the eco-trips. Like I said above, I?m still working a schedule. I hate schedules but I want to make the most of our time while in country so I?d like to see and do the best that you guys have to recommend.

Other comments or experiences you have will be read and appreciated. Thanks in advance to those who can respond! I?ll be posting this thread in the Central Am. Travel section as well so don?t flame me for double posting.

SeaHunt

There have been a few threads on Costa Rica, so a search on "Costa Rica" should get you what you are looking for. The responses seem to be bi-modal. Folks either love it or were disappointed by it. I know that I always look at packages to Costa Rica, but the variable experiences of others has meant that it never makes it to my "short list." Let us know what your experience is like.

Back
Top Bottom