Costa Rica.... Good diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSam,

Catalina and Bat Island are the only place in Costa Rica where it's possible to see bull sharks.
Usually we see between 5 - 15 white tip sharks per dive and when the manta rays are in Herradura or at Isla Tortuga
we see them virtually every dive.
Yes, we can arrange a trip to Isla del Caño with departure from Sierpe, including a spectacular one hour ride
down the Sierpe River and another 40 minutes to Isla del Caño or we can organize your trip with a local dive op in Bahia Drake.
The infrastructure in Bahia Drake is from basic to top notch and there are no reasons not to go there.
3 20+ romm Hotels with they own dive ops is not really under developed from my point of view.
Bahia Drake can be reached by plane from San Jose, by car or by boat from Sierpe,
just let me know your needs, and i will be glad to help you to discover the lush south.

Best regards

Chris

ScubaSam,

Catalina and Bat Island are the only place in Costa Rica where it's possible to see bull sharks. Usually we see between 5 - 15 white tip sharks per dive and when the manta rays are in Herradura or at Isla Tortuga we see them virtually every dive.
Yes, we can arrange a trip to Isla del Caño with departure from Sierpe, including a spectacular one hour ride down the Sierpe River and another 40 minutes to Isla del Caño or we can organize your trip with a local dive op in Bahia Drake.
The infrastructure in Bahia Drake is from basic to top notch and there are no reasons not to go there. 3 20+ romm Hotels with they own dive ops is not really under developed from my point of view. Bahia Drake can be reached by plane from San Jose, by car or by boat from Sierpe, just let me know your needs, and i will be glad to help you to discover the lush south.

Best regards

Chris

I've only been to Costa Rica twice but never to Caño. I will definitely be in touch with you when I head back to Costa Rica.

The diving out of Playas del Coco is some of the best I´ve done! I intended on diving only two days, but ended up staying for two weeks! If you´re looking for colorful corals it´s definitely not the place to go, but if you´re looking for loads of marine life (big schooling fish, white tip reef sharks, turtles, octopus, seahorses, rays...) you really can´t beat it! Unfortunately, February isn´t the season for bull sharks at Bat Islands, but it should be a good time to spot some manta rays at the Catalina Islands. When I dove there, I went with Summer Salt Dive Center. I would definitely recommend booking a trip with them. Their staff is super-friendly, helpful and experienced. They were able to point things out to me that I would have swam right by, like tiny little nudibranchs. Plus, (this may be a small point to some, but I´m a bit of a health-nut) I appreciated that they offered healthy snacks and natural juices. I really hope you make it to Playas del Coco and that you enjoy the diving as much as I did. Dive safe!

Back
Top Bottom