Costa Maya diving from shore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
was gonna dive Cozumel this month on my cruise, but its changed to Costa Maya...wife wants me to hang with her in Costa Maya so I can't dive with my group like originally planned. they're doing a boat dive.

However, if there's a shop that does shore dives like Coki Divers in St Thomas, wife won't mind me diving from shore while she tans. I'll be coming in on Carnival's Valor. Hopefully its a dive shop set up on shore near my port. Does anyone know of one?

All4,

That is a great place to dive and see it while it's still raw. Try one of the following dive centers:

XTC Dive Center @ http://www.xtcdivecenter.com in Xcalak 011-52-983-831-0461

Dreamtime Dive @ http://www.dreamtimediving.com in Mahahual 904-730-4337

Enjoy the beauty and stay safe.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the Ride
:14:

thanks...booked with dreamtimediving...

When are you going on the Valor? My wife and I are cruising on the Valor on the 4th of Feb. We're diving each location, using Carnival's shore excursions, except for Costa Maya. We still need to hook up with a Dive Operator there. If you've already been, what was Dreamtime like?

dreamtime is expensive. but....9.5 km south of mahahual is maya palms diving center...owned by guys from missouri..book em at 1-888-843-3483....You could try another ...dove with them last week, small group (3) and fantastic reefs just offshore..$15 cab ride after you get to Majahual and $20 back to the boat...still at $75 lots cheaper than the 149 the ship's Dreamtime is charging

Nice info on Costa maya. Do you have to book with Maya Palms Dive center to show up for shore diving. We have 9 of us in our group arriving on Carnival Valour on the 24th Feb.

Like to know what you use for the shore diving in Costa Maya. We are doing the same ship and arriving on 24th Feb. with 9 divers in our group.

I'm going to Costa Maya on the Carnival Liberty. I checked with Dreamtime for a 2-tank dive ($75) and I just saw their article in Sport Diver. This place looks pretty cool. I'm thinking of diving Costa Maya since it appears to be a new dive destination. Anyone have experience in Costa Maya compared to the other dive destinations.

got back from the cruise on the 19th. my group had prebooked a boatdive with dreamtime. they had a blast and even bought their footage of the dive($75 on dvd). the cost of the dive plus transport from ship was $92 I think. I was supposed to dive with them bought missed the shuttle. So I taxied over and explained what happened. They said two other people were scheduled to dive in an hour and I could join them. Well the two didn't show up but they took me out there anyway. so I had two boat dives with just the guide. drift dives for 50 minutes. took some pics. and came back with good memories of Dreamtime. thanks Malcolm.(the guide)
I joined with my group for the beach bar-b-q after my dive. they have an Argentinian that will feed you real good. that was part of the $92 we paid. beer wasn't included but they were only $2.

Majahual has awesome diving close to shore. I am in the process of opening a new store called Blue Ocean Safari in Majahual with two locals. The operation will be PADI facility. You can email me at phillip@blueoceansafari.com. The website will be up in a few days. Prices are much more reasonable and on a par with Mexico and Belize. The store is located in the Majahual next to the El Delfin restaurant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom