Corrective Masks and the rest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I currently wear contacts, but I wear gas perms (hard lenses), which are much smaller and could float out pretty easily, however getting a few pairs of soft lenses would be a good option too, thanks!

It won't be as easy as you think to go to SCTLs(ie soft) once wearing RGPs(ie rigid gas permeable)..trust me I know(after fitting both for over 35 years).....

It won't be as easy as you think to go to SCTLs(ie soft) once wearing RGPs(ie rigid gas permeable)..trust me I know(after fitting both for over 35 years).....

Yeah, I was thinking about that too... I think I'm just going to end up sticking with corrective lenses of some sort, then I won't have to worry about a lens floating out, and I won't have to adjust to anything new. There wouldn't be a price advantage with either of the options as well.

Hi.

I’m using Mares X vision and really love it. You can order mask as well lenses from LP .Lenses comes with the tool that is allowing you to install them yourself. It only takes a minute to install and if you prescription changes or will damage (happend to me) the lens you can allways order extra lens and replace it

My husband has a -6 prescription and he recently got the X-vision with corrective lenses and loves it. If you order it from Scuba Toys, they will put the lenses in for you. They'll also give you a 10% discount if you tell them you're a member of Scuba Board. Their service was great too!

I use both a Seavision mask and another one with replacement lenses. Both work great. I also know many divers who dive with contacts without a problem.

Scuba is a very visual activity. Use some type of correction, don't just try and get by with being able to see ok.

Hi.

IÃÎ using Mares X vision and really love it. You can order mask as well lenses from LP .Lenses comes with the tool that is allowing you to install them yourself. It only takes a minute to install and if you prescription changes or will damage (happend to me) the lens you can allways order extra lens and replace it

Thanks again everyone... I found this package http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/PCKDS20.html?Search=op%3dPackage%26IncludedProductID%3dMRSMXV%26SortField%3dStock%26DescSort%3d0%26Hit%3d0... Seem like a good deal for the gear, or should I keep looking? Thanks a lot!

I have -5ish and I use cressi big-eyes with their prescription lenses. I used to wear contacts with a normal mask, but now I cannot read gauges with contacts. Simple and cheaper solution for me. No astigmatism.

They offer an excellent mask with corrective lenses out to -10. I rented one from them on my first trip to Maui. During my cert course I purchased a standard mask from my local shop and had lenses bonded to the glass. After my first dive with them, during cleaning, I dropped it on a tile floor and the lenses shattered. In a hurry to have a mask by the next weekend, I ordered a mask from Bob's and had it FedExed to me. That was four years and 250 some odd dives ago...the mask is still in great condition. I ahve just this past weekend started diving with contacts and a stock mask with magnifiers.

Snorkel Bob Brand | SEAMO BETTA Mask

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom